Not a mopar, but how could you pass this up for $500

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
found a legit Barn Find. Guy wanted $500 and I secretly have always wanted one. Anyone know anything about them?

You stole that for $500 looks really clean for its age.
What motor and tranny?

I cant believe that the original spare is there and the bumpers are still straight.

Wow haven't seen one of those in years, as kids we called them neapolitans, like the flavor of ice cream as they were different funny colours to us.

Can you squeeze a 340 in one of those?

That's one off the charts cool find there!! For $500, you'd have to be crazy not to snap that up!! Nice find J!!! Geof

Yeah a 340 should work there is one here in Louisville with a big block chevy

I think they are cool and wouldn't mind driving one

Great deal for 500

Score!

Attachments

• 337870_13477263_1961_Nash_Metropolitan.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 508
Is this what you just bought?

Attachments

• Nash_Metropolitan-9_detail_1__detail.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 489
Not sure what to do with it yet. Lots of my family members want it. I think it would actually be a lot of fun to drive.

dig it. Those always remind me of high school (a long time ago) there was a group of punk rocker kids that piled in and out of one of those things. It had Dead Kennedys, Circle Jerks and Black Flag stickers all over it.

One dude with a really tall spikey mohawk thing always rode with his head sideways as to not mess up his hair. lol

I think it would be great with a Hemi in it.
My aunt had one when i was a kid and it was SMALL inside.......

Cool! Yours is the deluxe model, with a trunk lid! Some of them are only accessible from the inside! I'm totally jealous dude. But then, I don't need another project! Have fun with it!

There actually very fast stock. Zero to sixty in around a half minute.

I see you are selling it- just saw it pop up on Craigslist, and thought "that looks familiar." good luck!

I can see wheel tubs in that, single seat, NOS etc, quarter mile car. or nicely restored would work also. Nash Metropolitan. ( its sad I know what it is, getting old) An early "economy " car concept from before Japanese economy cars in the U.S. although I believe there were a small segment of Japanese cars in the U.S. in the 50's. The Volkswagen Beetle was very popular among those who didn't want to spend much on gas. I suppose the basic transportation /economy crowd was always there really.

I think it would be great with a Hemi in it.
My aunt had one when i was a kid and it was SMALL inside.......

I saw one in pro street at a car show. Had a big block Chevy in it. What is the wheel base about 90"?

Not a MoPar? That is Nash Metropolitan madeby Nash/Rambler, which Became American Motors (AMC) which became American Eagle, and was purchased by Chrysler, hence Chrysler's ownership of Jeep.

It might not have been a "MoPar" when it was built, but it sure is part of the MoPar family, now, and is even allowed to participate in MoPar only car shows.

-
Back