Not a Mopar but I had to buy it!

-

Badawg

Reaction score
I KNOW, its not a Mopar but you couldnt buy a project car thats in pieces with all of the interior and trim missing for what I stold this for. A virtually rust free, 100% complete and original, driver. I just had to share my excitement even if Im going to hear all the "ponti-rag" or "ponti-trash" comments lol

Attachments

• lemans1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 402
  • lemans3.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 402
  • lemans2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 402
  • lemans4.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 419
Before going Mopar,I was a Poncho freak.I have had a couple 69 GTO,s,many 73-77 LeMans Sports and my fave was a 73 Gran-Am 455HO.Nice score for a cruiser.I just sold a rare PMD steering wheel I had been hanging onto for 20 yrs.Doh!

Nice lookin' Lemans dude. Is it a 350 car or does it have a 400 under the hood? It looks verrrry clean.:cheers:

Thanks guys! 350 4bbl 1971 LeMans. Before I became a Mopar freak I was a gm guy and thats mostly because GM is so big around here and Mopars have always been few and far between. The guy needed some fast cash and all he was getting offered was trades because of the economy. Plus he was getting close to having to write a check for winter storage. I actually kind of feel guilty lol

WOW!!!!!!!!! Sweet ride Ron, I had a 63 GP 389 4 barrel when I was 15 till some one wanted it for about 5 times what I paid for it :-D I think I drove it about 3 weeks 8)

Congratulations :cheers: That looks show and go ready =P~=P~

Nice score. Those GM A bodies drive nice and there is alot of pontential for giving the Chevy crowd fits.

Great find! I absolutely love the looks of that car, the grill and hood do IT for me! Grand prix is great too.

I was looking for something just like that car....my main criteria was v8/4-speed/no cancer. Thants when I ran into the 440 Scamp. Hope you get to enjoy the new car, post some more pics when you get a chance!

take it easy,

Bad Shrimp

That baby is just cryin' out for some Rallye II's, that would bring it out of the old guys club and right into the hot club of Cartown!!! Nice find there Ron, and don't worry about the brand, any old car is a great find!!! Geof

Nice score, in my opinion.

Pop and I did a restification on a '70 LeMans Sport 'vert, back in our pro days. The owner of the car and I would swap vehicles a lot. He'd borrow my truck and leave me the LeMans for a few days.

Got to say, out of all the cars Pop and I did, this was one of the very few that I wouldn't mind keeping for my own.

GREAT find !
I agree with the sensibility that is , 'so long as it's an old car , it's coll regardless of its make and model ' .

I'm thinking about some phantom T-37 / 455 S.D. hybrid ...
without any butchery , of course .

Nice clean car...i had one also a few years back but a convertible..

GREAT find !
I agree with the sensibility that is , 'so long as it's an old car , it's coll regardless of its make and model ' .

I'm thinking about some phantom T-37 / 455 S.D. hybrid ...
without any butchery , of course .
x2

I like it like it is...I had a 72 Skylark with a 350/4 and that was a pretty good running car....nice and smooth. So how much are you selling it for...:)
Looks like the same color interior as my yellow Buick.

NICE FIND, Badawg! Really nice LeMans. That's one of my favorite GM A-body styles. Clean styling.
As others here, I was heavy into GM (Olds and Pontiac) before coming back to Mother Mopar. I had two favorite GM cars: '74 TransAm (wish I still had it) and a '83 15th Anniversary Hurst/Olds (now up for sale to fund the completion of my '69 Dart).
The '74 TransAm was an extremely fun car with the torque-monster 455, great looks and handling. I hate selling my Hurst/Olds but I really want to finish my Dart.
Again, great find on the LeMans. But I gotta agree with cosgig, put some Rally II's on it.

Now I know why they call you badawg. Look what the badawg drug home. Lol gonna flip it for a sweet a body?

If there were no Mopars, I would be a GM Guy. I used to own several GM products back when I was young and liked them. I would choose a GM over a Ford anyday. Great score and congratulations on your new vehicle!!!

One of the very first cars I drove when I got my license ( Fall 1989 ) was a 1973 Trans Am 455 S.D. / 400 trans
Damn , did that sucker MOVE !
LOVE the Super Duty programme .

Your LeMans have the B.O.P. 350 in it ?

-
Back