Not mine: 1965 Dodge Dart GT, factory 273 V8, factory 4sp

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the first 4 speed console I have ever seen for the early A but I haven't looked at to many either.

Attachments

• 3M53F63N15Q55Fc5M3cc22cca469a82f21322.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 571
With a little work, that would make a great daily driver for somebody.

Very cool project! I think that is what was considered a console for that year of abody, I could be wrong though.

I saw it that way and that is the first one I have ever seen so I have no others to compare with.

That's not a console. It's just a plate on top of the trans tunnel with the shift pattern on it.

Got a picture of a 4 speed console that would be for this year of Dart? I would like to see one if you do.

That plate is how they came. The only console on '65 A-bodies was for the auto shifter and was little more than a cover for the shifter. That's not far from Fresno and I do remember a four speed '65 that used to run around here in the late 70s/early 80s that I seem to recall being a two-barrel car.

That plate is how they came. The only console on '65 A-bodies was for the auto shifter and was little more than a cover for the shifter. That's not far from Fresno and I do remember a four speed '65 that used to run around here in the late 70s/early 80s that I seem to recall being a two-barrel car.

I thought of you Jim when I saw this. It is pretty close to you. Seems like a good deal.

Johnny Dart was selling one of those shifter bezels, claiming they're very rare. I haven't ever seen another until you posted this ad.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=213179

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back