Not Mine- 1967 426 Hemi Barracuda S Code -Orlando FLA

-
Vin tag :realcrazy:

1662288656275_image.jpeg

Buyer beware --- another example to always do a pre purchase inspection with potentially consultation before buying with a Mopar knowledgeable person. This car is a basic 1967 Plymouth Barracuda born with a base 273 2 barrel and noting more - NOT a Formula S --- just some elephant eared - flopped in - no motor mounts - used 426 crate motor rated at 465 horsepower if tuned well ...so it's worth what someone will pay for that - with overall condition being average at best with all the noted changes stated earlier in this thread - given the lack of eye appeal and no real provenance this car might sell for $35-40 K ... IF ... they find the right buyer .... just another flipper dreamin'

Buyer beware --- another example to always do a pre purchase inspection with potentially consultation before buying with a Mopar knowledgeable person. This car is a basic 1967 Plymouth Barracuda born with a base 273 2 barrel and noting more - NOT a Formula S --- just some elephant eared - flopped in - no motor mounts - used 426 crate motor rated at 465 horsepower if tuned well ...so it's worth what someone will pay for that - with overall condition being average at best with all the noted changes stated earlier in this thread - given the lack of eye appeal and no real provenance this car might sell for $35-40 K ... IF ... they find the right buyer .... just another flipper dreamin'

Even if it was a Formula S 273-4bbl, I don't see it going for much more.

When I purchased my Barracuda the seller was misrepresenting it as a formula S car. It still has the tail panel with badge from a formula S car on it that was shown in the add. I asked for and checked the VIN before seeing it to find out it was actually a 318 car. It had a rebuilt '68 340 sixpack engine swap as well, which was the main selling point for me. Of course numbers matching rare original cars will bring good prices and are more desirable.

When I purchased my Barracuda the seller was misrepresenting it as a formula S car. It still has the tail panel with badge from a formula S car on it that was shown in the add. I asked for and checked the VIN before seeing it to find out it was actually a 318 car. It had a rebuilt '68 340 sixpack engine swap as well, which was the main selling point for me. Of course numbers matching rare original cars will bring good prices and are more desirable.

Bigger deal on a 68 and 69 car. Now, a 67 Formula S 273-4bbl is worth more than a 67 Barracuda 273-2bbl car, no doubt. But the difference in value for 68 and 69 Barracuda between a 273-2bbl and a 340 is much greater.

For a 68 and 69 Formula S the minimum engine was a 340.

In 1967 the Formula S the minimum engine was a 273 4-bbl. Not as desirable at the 340 cars.

If it’s the second letter in the serial number S would mean it’s a 383 car I believe. Ofcourse I could be wrong. In the dart line up S meant 340 or 383 S was for special V8. Kim

ALL '67-69 Barracudas carried "BH" VINs.

-
Back