Not mine But a cool Little Scamp for sale on ebay

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow so hot I honestly like the PLYMOUTH A's better then the DODGE'S one day my 74 dart will become a 74 SCAMP

cool looking car. that stupid looking orange 360 magnum crap needs to go off the scoops and stripe along with those pedal covers and that exhaust is garbage. doesn't look too hard to make right though..

I'm new to the scene and not really familiar with cost/value. What should this thing be selling for? Am I dreaming to think it can be bought for 15K?

Yes I think that car is beautiful and I would like to see our cars sell for under 10,000 after we put double that into it, this sure makes a lot of sense and one of the reasons I hesitate selling anything here. For cryin out loud, building any car takes money, know-how and knowledge and if that was a 71 Chevelle Pro Touring it would sell for triple the price. Now why the hell is that?

wow I love it without the orange magnum lettering. Other than that you have to respect and admire the love and talent that was put into that car. You dont have to like it but atleast appreciate work on this unlike 10 grand in a honda civic.

Yeah I saw that too. I didn't like that color at first but looks pretty good how it was done.

How is the back window tinted on these things? One shop tried to tell me it wasn't possible because of the curve? What have you guys done?

It looks like a vomit bouillon cube, it makes me gag a little. Awesome car, nasty color. jmho

,Cliff

cool looking car. that stupid looking orange 360 magnum crap needs to go off the scoops and stripe along with those pedal covers and that exhaust is garbage. doesn't look too hard to make right though..

Yeah, and the Foose wheels and rubber band tires just look wrong on a mopar, i know, i know.... it's a pro touring car and it handles and performs better with them, but it just looks wrong.
I'm just old school, so gimme a break!
Great job of worksmanship on the whole car though.

Still needing some input here folks. One reason I'm looking at these is exactly because of the ridiculous prices GM's are asking. What's this Scamp worth? Thanks in advance!

what exactly is old school? Does that mean you have an 8 track on an AM radio and you have reversed the shackles on your car so the Mickey Thompson tires can stick out :).

In all the years I been on this planet I could remember seeing my first Mopar the exact way I described old school above. Some things don;t change but really should

Uh, this isn't right...

hughs118.jpg

Perhaps someone should tell him that his torsion bar adjusters shouldn't completely unload like that? The adjusting plate is just hanging in the hole...#-o Would hate to see what would happen if he completely unloads the suspension out on the road and snaps the end off the t-bar adjusting bolt. Brake line looks kinda long too. But better too long than too short I guess.

I don't actually mind the color, but all the 360 magnum emblems have to go. :puker: And why the hell is he running 17" fronts and 20" rears? Looks goofy. I can see 17's and 18's, but not 17's and 20's. The exhaust is definitely not right, and ditch the dumb fuel cell for a real tank so you get the trunk back...

As far as price, given that this is some kind of classic auction house, I would bet the reserve is over $20k. Not sayings its worth that, but that would be my guess on what they want for it.

what exactly is old school? Does that mean you have an 8 track on an AM radio and you have reversed the shackles on your car so the Mickey Thompson tires can stick out :).

In all the years I been on this planet I could remember seeing my first Mopar the exact way I described old school above. Some things don;t change but really should

Old school to me is stock looking with a lot of engine and performance to back up your brag.
Day 2 is shackles, 8 track, airshocks, fuzzy interior, chrome, sidepipes, fat tires (boots) and mags.
If it don't go, chrome it!

Is it me, or are the rear coilovers upside down?
I neither like or dislike the car. It's kinda cool, but to bill it as the end all Pro-touring Mopar is a bit much. Nice resto mod, but protouring types would argue a 5spd instead of the 4 gear. Maybe some handling bits like a front swaybar. Maybe a little less of the "I bought everything at Edelbrock" engine compartment. A little better integration of the dash besides hanging all the gauges under it......
Outside of that, nice car.

(Geez, now I sound like /6dan).

Perhaps someone should tell him that his torsion bar adjusters shouldn't completely unload like that? The adjusting plate is just hanging in the hole...

they may just be big bars. i know on jamies dart the bolts aren't much further in. we have .920 bars in her car with a small block.

Old school to me is stock looking with a lot of engine and performance to back up your brag.
Day 2 is shackles, 8 track, airshocks, fuzzy interior, chrome, sidepipes, fat tires (boots) and mags.
If it don't go, chrome it!

tiny stupid looking 14" tires too...:)

It's some nice creativity and a pretty car but I like the mean look. Is that a gloss black on the grill or semi-gloss? That would look good on my Duster.

Still needing some input here folks. One reason I'm looking at these is exactly because of the ridiculous prices GM's are asking. What's this Scamp worth? Thanks in advance!
Well put together this car should reach 20g but it will never happen there is probably 30-40g into the car and thats the worst part. Those wheels are 5-8 hundred a piece.

I can't tell by the pic that the torsion bars are totally unloaded.
Looks like brake fluid lines may rub the wheels too.

I agree with Joe, fix the butt stripe and hood scoops!
Wheels/tires a bit overkill, maybe 16"/17" front/rear respectively.
LOVE the color, however! (of course I may be biased on that one) LOL!

Thanks John, et al. I like the car, but must admit I'm a sucker for nice paint, a good stance and the right shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back