Not Mine but on eBay - Schumacher Dart FS

-
We put these kinds of sales in Mopar General Discussion. We can chat about it then.

Schumacher must be going broke. No inventory, poor service, and selling your collector car.

Evidently so. I see he's come down on it too.

Somebody on here has to know something. As a big part of the Mopar community, having supported his business for a long time, we deserve to know what's going on.

Regardless, he offered engine mounts to reuse slanty Ks for motor swaps for guys who didnt want to swap out K frames, or couldent find a V8 k frame. I never used their products only because I was lucky enough to always find V8 k frames and motor mount plates. If not, I would have bought his products. Maybe he has a different mopar project going on and needs the capital like he said. The dart was a mule for the products he created.

We all need to remember that In the grand scheme of things none of us really own any of this stuff. We are only curators and caretakers of it. Taking care of it until we can pass it on to the next generation.

Did he have patents on this stuff? Or if he did, maybe the patents ran out? I think a patent is only good for 7 years then you have to renew it. Plus anybody can make a similar product and it's not considered infringement if there some changes made to make it not exactly the same.

I do know that Transdapt is offering a very similar product to swap a small block in place of a slant sux for 67-72 A body. Maybe since its a bigger company than Schumacher, they can make the kit cheaper. Plus your now working with the market for this type of mod kit slowing down simply because most of the cars that would need this kit have either been modified with it, or have V8 K frames already.

In the end it was still a great idea since a majority of A bodys came with a slant sux in them. I would venture to say at minimum probably 75% of them did.

Screenshot_20190829-082423_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back in 1995 before the explosion of info on the net, I had a 69 dart WSS white hat special. Car was clean, and had a slanty. What a gutless turd to drive. Couldent find a V8 K frame back then. Had I known about these kits back then, I woulda swapped in a V8 and kept it.

Beautiful car for sure..
Seller states: I am selling the car because I want to start a new project and I would like to use the sale funds to help finance the build.

Thanks for posting,
..... time to clean up the drool off the keyboard.

He’s a good guy, been in business for a long time. I’ve seen the car several times, nicely done. His price however is in M code territory.

-
Back