Not Mine C body CL

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
C-bodies are fun to drive and an adventure to park. Most parking lots are sectioned for modern cars which are narrower and shorter than the old land yachts.

OMG, what a deal! I want that car......

If you are serious PM me. I can be your local liason in the deal and even store the car at my buddy's place until you can arrange shipping... AZ RUST FREE AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!

I just went to look at it.

body is dentless, the top is dry-rotten and rust MAY be present. i knocked on the suspect areas with a drum key for rust presence, it was hard to tell. The trim all has the rust 'runoff' wash but there is no body or framerail rust present.

mechanically, the radiator is dry, the oil is black, it is burning a little oil, it fires right up cold (cold for being 90 degrees outside) needs a tune up desperately. I didnt let it get hot due to the lack of water. is 95% electrically functional exceptions being the left signal doesn't work and the ac/heat fan doesn't work. doesnt appear to have any major leaks. the PS is leaking at the hose to Gear box on the high side. Douchebag put a cherry bomb on it. blocked the spindles to drop the rear. there is a random mystery aftermarket switch on the dash that does nothing and what appears to be a manual choke that is also non-op. Rear window has a crack.

Headliner is missing. the interior is GREAT for AZ which means its marginal but usable anywhere else.

400 2bbl 727 PS PB AC

The fender tag reads

v53 g11
vb1 h51 r13 l31
ew1 d5b8 gb7 b05 208280
e63 d34 cm41 m2c 165390

was to take pics but i dropped and broke my phone when I got there.

... there is a random mystery aftermarket switch on the dash that does nothing....

If there's a cherry bomb on it, I guarantee that switch is for a 12v remote lead to an amplifier that used to be in the car. There is likely a 4,8, or 0g wire running under the door sills as well, that got left in the car...

I went to look at a '65 dart 4 door that was in almost the exact condition you just described - missing headliner, random switches, a custom radio in the glove box (not installed, just sitting in the glove box)

If there's a cherry bomb on it, I guarantee that switch is for a 12v remote lead to an amplifier that used to be in the car. There is likely a 4,8, or 0g wire running under the door sills as well, that got left in the car...

I went to look at a '65 dart 4 door that was in almost the exact condition you just described - missing headliner, random switches, a custom radio in the glove box (not installed, just sitting in the glove box)

actually no. Factory AM working with the one dash speaker... not a sign of any aftermarket audio at all

man, what a land yacht.would love to have that but the wifey just give look,yea ,you know the look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back