Not one post about the Mopar race at Norwalk

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I myself am going to miss it as work is backing up around the house. Probably the biggest Mopar race in the world. Are any of you guys going. I know one member with a beautiful red big block Demon that runs 5.60’s is going.

After Moparty last week not going to make it.
Am going to the Mopar dragfest in London, KY in 2 weeks.
very good racing event.
Next year if these events have same dates, probably going to replace Moparty with Norwalk, which I have pretty much always attended anyhow.

After Moparty last week not going to make it.
Am going to the Mopar dragfest in London, KY in 2 weeks.
very good racing event.
Next year if these events have same dates, probably going to replace Moparty with Norwalk, which I have pretty much always attended anyhow.

I too would have liked to make this one. I have four vehicles that need inspection and a customer that would like his heads and intake done for pickup in October. Meanwhile I have three Halloween races in October so I had to get moving.

I myself am going to miss it as work is backing up around the house. Probably the biggest Mopar race in the world. Are any of you guys going. I know one member with a beautiful red big block Demon that runs 5.60’s is going.
I posted bout it 2 days ago in the coffee thread.... and i would kill to go but don't like doing things alone.. will work and get my engine ready to drop in

Really hoping for a good turnout at this Norwalk event. Usually good racing and a decent swap meet and car show.

@pittsburghracer will your son be racing at this one?

I haven’t talked to him but I doubt it. Vic the car owner put an LS engine in his Volvo after running a big block Mopar for years so his car doesn’t make the cut. Pretty sure they will work this weekend in Vic’s shop as I think Matt wants to go to Dragway 42’s Halloween race coming up soon

I posted bout it 2 days ago in the coffee thread.... and i would kill to go but don't like doing things alone.. will work and get my engine ready to drop in

I think I’ve only been in that posting area once as I don’t drink coffee or tea.

I think I’ve only been in that posting area once as I don’t drink coffee or tea.
It has nothing to do with coffee, just people bullshitting in the morning :) That event looks awesome though, have only been to norwalk one time but it's a great place..

I have a transport coming out of Buffalo so I am stopping by on Saturday on the way home. If anyone needs something from Chicago through Indiana and Ohio to Buffalo let me know ASAP as I am leaving at 5AM from northwest of Chicago...

I haven’t talked to him but I doubt it. Vic the car owner put an LS engine in his Volvo after running a big block Mopar for years so his car doesn’t make the cut. Pretty sure they will work this weekend in Vic’s shop as I think Matt wants to go to Dragway 42’s Halloween race coming up soon
I forgot you previously mentioned that engine change. That Volvo was always going rounds and I enjoyed seeing it run. I knew it was powered by some kind of Mopar engine but don't remember if I ever saw under the hood.

I forgot you previously mentioned that engine change. That Volvo was always going rounds and I enjoyed seeing it run. I knew it was powered by some kind of Mopar engine but don't remember if I ever saw under the hood.

He had a professionally built LS engine and is now running 5.90’s. I couldn’t tell you how many times they changed the converter getting it dialed in and he’s getting back his winning ways. His orange duster that Matt is driving has TrickFlow heads on it and he’s stuck in the 6.60’s with a 408. We had a nice discussion and I may be reworking a set of Edelbrock heads he has to see if we can get it quicker. Vic is a great guy and friend

One of my old cars making a pass at Norwalk.

A4312952-2AD4-41F4-ACAE-B850B26F0073.jpeg

B7C0BF34-81A3-4FA9-80F6-10D24D55A525.jpeg

The enthusiasm was evident on the second day of the Inaugural Ken Ganley Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram World of Mopar presented by Arrington Performance at Summit Motorsports Park, Sept. 23, 2023 in Norwalk, Ohio.

Among those feeling it were racers who went all the way to the final round of eliminations and the Summit Motorsports Park Winner’s Circle.

In the final round of eliminations in Koffel’s Place Super Pro, Gene Nagy of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cliff Motes of Logan, West Virginia inched into the beams before blasting off, and Nagy came out on top with a 4.70 to Motes’ 6.59.

In the final round of eliminations in CRT Transmissions Pro, Marcus King of Republic, Ohio and Mike Walwood of Parma, Ohio motored up to the starting line, and King secured the win with a 9.60 elapsed time to Walwood’s 9.85.

AA Transmission Hemi Super Stock saw Bob Marshall of Columbus, Ohio and Ron Gallagher of Whitby, Ontario, line up alongside each other for the final round of eliminations. Both drivers turned on their red lights, and Marshall won as his light was a bit less red than Gallagher’s.

In Mancini Racing Nostalgia Super Stock, Doug Wright of Waterford, Michigan and Mike DeChicco of Ostrander, Ohio put dial-ins on their classic cars before Wright wrapped up the win with a 9.43 to DeChicco’s 11.46.

Dan Trainer of Orient, Ohio and Dan Brewer of West Milton, Ohio took the stage for the TTI Exhaust Sportsman final round of eliminations, and Trainer wrapped up the win when Brewer illuminated the red light, with a mere -.005, at the hit.

Congratulations to the winners!

We are on track for the final day of this inaugural event! For more information and a schedule, click Summit Motorsports Park

Mary Lendzion
Summit Motorsports Park Media and Public Relations
[email protected]

B3D209BB-F43B-420F-AB06-E94D3D4EA0F4.jpeg

F23AA3FA-667E-423A-90E5-474E1E0CD764.jpeg

Guys let me tell you what, that was the absolute best Mopar event I have ever been to. Bill Bader did an absolutely amazing job running this event (As he does with all events). I quit going to this event after 2018 when there was so many classes and so many cars and hated the program. But now that this event is ran by Bill Bader, I will be back every year. There was no B.S. when it came to this program. It ran smooth, organized, no unnecessary downtime, and he stuck to that schedule. Bill Bader announced on Saturday morning to mark your calendar for September 19-22, 2024 as this event will be back.

My car broke the third pass on Thursday with no way to fix it as we suspect the crankshaft broke. I stayed the entire weekend and it was an absolute blast. Watching my close friend Gene Nagy take his second win of the season was well worth the trip even after breaking my own car. I cannot wait until next years event. I suspect next year the car count will be much higher as the word will spread.

Guys let me tell you what, that was the absolute best Mopar event I have ever been to. Bill Bader did an absolutely amazing job running this event (As he does with all events). I quit going to this event after 2018 when there was so many classes and so many cars and hated the program. But now that this event is ran by Bill Bader, I will be back every year. There was no B.S. when it came to this program. It ran smooth, organized, no unnecessary downtime, and he stuck to that schedule. Bill Bader announced on Saturday morning to mark your calendar for September 19-22, 2024 as this event will be back.

My car broke the third pass on Thursday with no way to fix it as we suspect the crankshaft broke. I stayed the entire weekend and it was an absolute blast. Watching my close friend Gene Nagy take his second win of the season was well worth the trip even after breaking my own car. I cannot wait until next years event. I suspect next year the car count will be much higher as the word will spread.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune buddy. I know you will come back stronger than ever.

-
Back