Not shifting into 3rd/4th?!?!?!

-

evans68cuda

Reaction score
Hey everyone, yesterday I installed my 4 speed and 340 into the cuda but I will not shift into 3rd/4th gear!! I used ghe brass pilot bushing which was very tight when inserting the alignment tool, not sure if that is a possible cause, and when installing the trans, it made a few creaking sounds, again not sure if I should be worried. I have not run the car yet, simply just installed the shift linkage, until I got them all in neutral but 1-2 is fine, 3-4 is not. Any ideas?!?!?!

Did you use a pin in the center of the shifter and make sure all gears are in neutral and adjust each shifter rod so they are all in neutral.Pic below.

tailgate 004.jpg

Did you use a pin in the center of the shifter and make sure all gears are in neutral and adjust each shifter rod so they are all in neutral.Pic below.

View attachment 1715086763
Yes, now all the gears work but it doesn't want to go into 4th. There was a few times with the old motor and it didn't want to go into gear when it was sitting. But once I was driving it was fine

Did you go over the trans before you installed it? If it gave you issues before you installed the new motor, it would have been a good idea.

Last edited:
Did you go over the trans before you installed it? If it gave you issues before you installed the new motor, it would have been a god idea.
no, I didnt since it only happened once while i was shifting through the gears while the car was off, driving was ok. 1, 2 and reverse are ok though

-
Back