Not sure what this means..Fiat changing platform on products

-
Nope

LX and LY are completely different than the LH platform. LX and LY were/are an older mercedes E class platform. They used the suspension bits, steering column, transmission, and front seat frames off the older E class for the first gen LX. Where it differed was the E class suspension bits were cast from aluminum, chrysler made the same parts out of stamped steel to save costs over the aluminum pieces.

Chrysler also currently uses german made double overdrive automatics on their RWD sedans and challenger coupe. The dodge sprinter no longer sold as a dodge due to the fiat merger is a mercedes van, built in the U.S. along with a counterpart badged as a freightliner. The weak kneed aluminum 4.7L V8 in the ram trucks that liked to overheat and pop headgaskets, and warp the heads was a mercedes design as well. Out here in Texas that 4.7 V8 eventually got a nasty rep as a P.O.S. The dealers out here couldent give em away with that engine. It was either a Hemi, or Cummins, or go to another manufacturer.

And of course the crossfire that was based on a SLK 2 seat roadster, and was manufactured at Karmann coachworks.
ALL of this is getting boring and useless. I did drive a 4.7 dodge truck for 15 yrs w/ almost no maintenance on it , other than oil changes, and front wheel bearings, and a radiator (ebay)

You guys realize the FWD/AWD/RWD LH/LX platform (Charger/Challenger/300/Magnum) was an AMC/Eagle design and has been in use since the 1980's and was also the platform for Intrepids Concords and Visions, right?

View attachment 1715114111
Wrongo Bro, that was the Gawdawful pact with Renault You have picd there, the Renault Alliance was the sister car to that abomination, and that all disappeared fairly soon after
Mopar took the reigns of AMC. The Interpid, Con-cored, and Viz-Yinz were all Mopars new
"cab-forward" LH platform. There aren't many or any parts I can think of that interchange
between the two, and I've changed a lot of 'em! The only 300 series based on the LH is
the 300M, which was a great car, if it weren't that the entire line suffered from Iacocca's
"lets be first!" obsession at the time. Many of the hiccups in that line were a direct result
of not working the new tech & control systems out thoroughly, and the 1st gen's use of the
terrible "poly foam" isolation bushings in the subframe & spring seats.

I had an 01 300m, man thats was a beautiful car. Really was nice inside compared to the 300 and 300c that followed it....barf

When chrysler made cars id buy!

Last edited:
-
Back