Not sure what this means..Fiat changing platform on products

-
All I know is, Fiat sucks balls. They have always sucked balls. They will always suck balls. The only ONE reason they are even still going is because of their commitment to the Italian military building military vehicles.........which they actually do a pretty good job of.

Other than that, Fiat sucks balls.

Last edited:
All I know is, Fiat sucks balls. They have always sucked balls. They will always suck balls. The only ONE reason they are even still going is because of their commitment to he Italian military building military vehicles.........which they actually do a pretty good job of.

Could NOT have said that better myself.

All I know is, Fiat sucks balls. They have always sucked balls. They will always suck balls. The only ONE reason they are even still going is because of their commitment to the Italian military building military vehicles.........which they actually do a pretty good job of.

I was dismayed at the merger too. It's not just the fact that they're imports, it's the fact that it was Fiat that bought them. A company that was booted out of the US market twice for producing unreliable garbage. They've completely betrayed the legacy of Chrysler by pulling production of all the cars out of the US. Only the trucks and jeeps will be made here. Oh, and they're closing the Chrysler museum. And killing the dart, 200, and Chrysler Museum. The Pentastar logo was officially retired as well. Chrysler's entire identity has been homogenized with squatty little microcars imported from Italy and China.

Well if sucking balls means you make cars like these, i guess i'm gonna have start sucking some balls :)
FiatGroup.jpg

So over the summer, I took my wife to Italy as kind of a 10yr late honeymoon. While telling my friends about the trip, one of them, who is an SRT Chally owner, asked why I was going. I told him "I was going to see where they've been making all the new Mopars.". He didn't think it was funny.

And while there, I did get to drive a fiat...

image.jpg

Last edited:
So I've the summer, I took my wife to Italy as kind of a 10yr late honeymoon. While telling my friends about the trip one of them, who is an SRT Chally owner, asked why I was going. I told him "I was going to see where they've been making all the new Mopars.". He didn't think it was funny

It's not funny as a matter of fact it's pretty sad!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Listen, the new Challenger, Charger, 30, Grand Cherokee, Wrangler, and Ram Trucks are Fantastic! Hemi's - The 3.6 has won a lot of awards. I don't know what will happen when the platforms change, but I thing we are the best right now.

It's not funny as a matter of fact it's pretty sad!!!:mad::mad::mad:
We'll, if you hate, and spread the hate of how bad the Challengers are since '08, and they don't sell, what do you suppose happens? Go out of business, or get sold. It was sold, and there is no telling who the buyer might be (now we know, Fiat).
Just like the '80's, "They think they can slap a Shelby sticker on a Daytona and I'm going to come a running?" ........
I've got some GM and Ford friends. I never, AND I MEAN NEVER, hear the same whining and whimpering than the general mopar crowd.
The general mopar crowd will sit and whimper, waiting for and exact, and I MEAN EXACT replica of a '70 340 Duster is produced (aint happening folks!!), and then they would complain because the column was changed for that air bag LOL........
How often do you hear a good GM guy say "when they make an exact replica of the '68 chevelle, then I'll consider buying"..... for some reason, their intelligence has allowed them to know it's never going to happen..

We'll, if you hate, and spread the hate of how bad the Challengers are since '08, and they don't sell, what do you suppose happens? Go out of business, or get sold. It was sold, and there is no telling who the buyer might be (now we know, Fiat).
Just like the '80's, "They think they can slap a Shelby sticker on a Daytona and I'm going to come a running?" ........
I've got some GM and Ford friends. I never, AND I MEAN NEVER, hear the same whining and whimpering than the general mopar crowd.
The general mopar crowd will sit and whimper, waiting for and exact, and I MEAN EXACT replica of a '70 340 Duster is produced (aint happening folks!!), and then they would complain because the column was changed for that air bag LOL........
How often do you hear a good GM guy say "when they make an exact replica of the '68 chevelle, then I'll consider buying"..... for some reason, their intelligence has allowed them to know it's never going to happen..
The daytona shelby was a good car "for its time". Comparing what chrysler made back then to say a new SRT.challenger is apples to oranges. It was a different time. Car management computers were primitive, and the 70s gas shortages were still close in peoples memories. I owned an 88 shelby z turbo ll T top car back when new. Nice car, fast, handled, got great mileage too. I still have one now.

In 1984 chrysler introduced multiport FI turbo engines. In 1984 GM had the 305 with carburetor, ditto for the 5.0 mustang. A lot of what they introduced was way advanced compared to ford and GM of the same time frame. I would have to respectfully disagree with your comments on 80s chrysler products.

As part of the government guaranteed loan they recieved they were required to make a large majority of their passenger cars fuel efficient. This was a major reason for fwd and K car derivatives. They worked within that constraint to make some decent cars.

Just say NO to imported pieces of ****..ie:anything Mopar/Fiat is putting out..nothing but AMERICAN in my driveway!!!
Sorry but the 200 is Manufactured and assembled in Sterling Heights Michigan. Doesn't get any more American than that!

I dunno, people joked about the K cars, but they actually saved chrysler. I doubt anybody would call a daytona shelby a K car, well some might however it did everything it was designed to do well "for its time". It had good acceleration, braking, handling, looked good, sounded good.

My point is companies develop platforms and tweak them for different applications all the time. Even the first mustang was a falcon underneath. Maybe the alfa platform will shed a bit of the challengers current weight making it faster. I dont see the hemi going away anytime soon either.
This K car is anything but a joke. Watch it TRASH this Supra.

That's Gary Donavons car. He was running an 8valve too!

There are some fast Kcars and Lbodies out there.

Regardless of what Mopar had available, people have always managed to make them fast.

From slow Fbodies of the late 70s, through the fwd '80s, to the '90s Neons and Dakotas. Mopar guys have always managed to take current offerings from Ma and make them legit performers.

I mentioned this in the hellcat demon thread. And I'll say it again here.

Some of you guys will ***** about ANYTHING.

Like I said in that thread. They can build a 700 or 800 horse power car. With power butt massagers. AC so cold your nuts will fall off. That will get the groceries every day +30/-30. And run 10's on the strip just for kicks. And you guys complain about the NAME. It honestly doesn't get more petty than that.

NEWSFLASH this just in! The 60's and 70's are over! BUT don't cry yet. There's a new muscle car resurgence! Cars from lots of manufactures with hundreds more horsepower than were available then, are available now! And they come with all the options! Loaded! We should be happy cars like this even exist. Before we all go to silver or gray electric econoboxes that gently and quietly carry us from point A to point B.

The worst part of this is. We absolutely RAG on the aftermarket. "Oh chevy guys get it so easy" "Oh ford guys don't pay half as much as we do" "Oh chevy guys get LS Swaps or aluminum small blocks" "Oh why doesn't the aftermarket make stuff for us" "We don't get support from mopar like the chevy/ford guys do" On and on and on. But then someone develops a race aluminum small block and what do we say? "Too expensive" "Gotta work on the price" "Oh I hear it needs too much work to be worth it" ***** and moan. No wonder people don't wanna develop anything for the mopar guys, they know we will just ***** about it and not buy it. And to COMPOUND that problem? Half of us think every part we have is worth its weight (or more) in gold. J heads for 1,000 bucks? X heads for more than that? You wonder why everything mopar cost's more? It's because WE MAKE IT COST MORE.

We shoot ourselves in the foot, then complain about the pain.

Sorry but the 200 is Manufactured and assembled in Sterling Heights Michigan. Doesn't get any more American than that!

Sure does..my F150 was built in Dearborn,MI by an AMERICAN based company FORD!!!

The daytona shelby was a good car "for its time". Comparing what chrysler made back then to say a new SRT.challenger is apples to oranges. It was a different time. Car management computers were primitive, and the 70s gas shortages were still close in peoples memories. I owned an 88 shelby z turbo ll T top car back when new. Nice car, fast, handled, got great mileage too. I still have one now.

In 1984 chrysler introduced multiport FI turbo engines. In 1984 GM had the 305 with carburetor, ditto for the 5.0 mustang. A lot of what they introduced was way advanced compared to ford and GM of the same time frame. I would have to respectfully disagree with your comments on 80s chrysler products.

As part of the government guaranteed loan they recieved they were required to make a large majority of their passenger cars fuel efficient. This was a major reason for fwd and K car derivatives. They worked within that constraint to make some decent cars.
You completely misunderstood my post. Completely. I had an '86 TurboZ C/S T-top 5 speed car and loved it, and I also had a '91 Spirit R/T Turbo 4 and loved it. I agree with what you wrote. My post was stating that the "mopar gang" back then, stereotype speaking of course, whined about not having a V8 RWD hot rod, like the GT's and Z28's. Now they have it in the new Chally's, and they still are whining.... (not everyone, of course)

Nothing but imported "Pieces of ****"...

Built in murica.

With the best Chinese lowest bidder parts they can find.
So I guess some of you guys stopped buying or recognizing Chrysler back in May of 1998? That's when they became part of Dailmer. A German company.
As for a Ford manufactured in the US. Out of the entire line of Fords there are only 3 possibilities to get "American made". The f150, Mustang and the Transit. All the rest are made overseas!

So I guess some of you guys stopped buying or recognizing Chrysler back in May of 1998? That's when they became part of Dailmer. A German company.
As for a Ford manufactured in the US. Out of the entire line of Fords there are only 3 possibilities to get "American made". The f150, Mustang and the Transit. All the rest are made overseas!

Yup your right..wouldn't BUY anything Mopar/Fiat Mopar whatever has made since 1972..and my F150 was built right here in Michigan by AMERICAN based company bought and paid for by an AMERICAN:usflag::usflag::usflag:..just say NO to foreign crap!!!

Guys a little respect here please. My point was most cars are now owned by or manufactured overseas. In Fords case they only have 1 car and 2 trucks made in America. I wanted to buy a car not a truck and a Mustang would not work for me. The new platform Chrysler is using is a very good platform. I love the AWD on my car and it drives fantastic.

Couldn't be more wrong about Ford, on several points. When you say "manufactured" do you mean "assembled", or something else? Ford owned factories still active in the United States of America include:

1. Buffalo Stamping, Buffalo, NY, 918 employees. Makes Quarter Panels, Body Sides, Rear Floor Pan, Rear Doors, Roofs, front doors, hoods.

2. Chicago Assembly, Chicago, IL, 4,239 employees. Assembles Taurus & Explorer.

3. Chicago Stamping, Chicago Heights, IL, 1,335 employees. Body panels.

4. Cleveland Engine Plant No.1, Brook Park, OH, 1,607 employees. 3.5 EcoBoost engines. 3.7 Duratech engines.

5. Dearborn Engine, Dearborn, MI, 459 employees. 2.0 and 2.3 engines. Fuel tanks.

6. Dearborn Truck Plant, Dearborn, MI, 4,363 employees. Ford F-150. Ford Raptor.

7. Dearborn Stamping, Dearborn MI, 1,942 employees. Body parts for F-150, Escape, Superduty, Mustang, Focus, Expedition, Navigator.

8. Dearborn Tool and Die, Dearborn, MI, 261 employees.

9. Dearborn Diversified, Dearborn, MI, 803 employees. Frames, axles, suspension parts, tire & wheel.

10. Flat Rock Assembly Plant, Flat Rock, MI, 3,251 employees. Ford Mustang, Lincoln Continental.

11. Kansas City Assembly, Claycomo, MO, 7,465 employees. Ford F-150 & Ford Transit.

12. Kentucky Truck Assembly, Louisville, KY, 5,091 employees. Ford F-250 thru F-550, Super Duty, Ford Expedition, Lincoln Navigator.

13. Lima Engine, Lima, OH, 1214 employees.

14. Livonia Transmission, Livonia, MI, 1,600 employees. Produces 6R and 10R transmissions.

15. Louisville Assembly, Louisville, KY, 4,705 employees. Ford Escape, Lincoln MKC.

16. Michigan Assembly, Wayne, MI, 3,691 employees. Ford Focus, Focus Electric, C-MAX Hybrid and Energi.

17. Ohio Assembly, Avon Lake, OH, 1,817 employees. Ford E-Series, F-650/750, Super Duty Cutaway/Chassis.

18. Rawsonville Parts, Ypsilanti, MI, 795 employees. AIS, COP, TOP, sequencing, batteries, fuel pumps, carbon canisters.

19. Romeo Engine, Romeo, MI, 527 employees. 4.6, 5.8, 6.2, 5.0 engines.

20. Sharonville Transmission, Sharonville, OH, 1,628 employees. Ford 6R140 transmissions. Gears for 6R80, 6F35, 6F50/55 transmissions.

21. Sterling Axle, Sterling Heights, MI, 2,151 employees. Front & Rear axles, gears.

22. Van Dyke Transmission Plant, Sterling Heights, MI, 1,427 employees. Ford 4F27E, 6F50, 6F55, 6F35 and HF35 transmissions. Stampings.

23. Woodhaven Forging, Woodhaven, MI, 71 employees. Ford 5.4 V8 parts, 6.8 V10 parts.

24. Woodhaven Stamping, Woodhaven, MI, 474 employees. Body panels.
I researched this list, accurate as of 2/2017 as far as I can tell. Also, by definition, in addition to the United States facilities above, "American made" includes all of North America... where Ford employs an additional 4,000 people in Canada alone.

-
Back