Now that’s a fancy clutch

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
If you gotta ask how much you can’t afford it. I can’t afford it.

9A9B7BF8-46E5-4B3C-A9EF-32175112EB64.jpeg

I wonder how many foot pounds of torque that thing will hold back? So the FlyWheels built into it as well? No I guess it's not I think I see a bunch of bolts around there it looks like there's some paper in the middle of it maybe to keep oil off the disc or something I don't know

it's a multi disc, unit, prob the fingers are staged for engagement,, other words a slipper style clutch, close to $ 5000,

it's a multi disc, unit, prob the fingers are staged for engagement,, other words a slipper style clutch, close to $ 5000,
I'll be totally honest, I've never even seen anything like that much less held one in my hands, or got to put one in the car and play with it! The old 11 inch scallop clutch I had behind the 383 did pretty damn good holding everything back however many RPMs I wanted to clutch dump it.... but that was probably only about a 425 horsepower motor...

That's about as nice as one of those Neil Chance torque converters

That’s a pro stock clutch guys. Alan Prusiensky is a pro stock driver. He’s bringing the hemi back and we should all be cheering him on as mopar fans.

Had a similar clutch on a customer's drag bike. Damn thing rattled to beat hell.

Used to see those all the time. A lot of people run that style of clutch in pulling trucks.

Used to see those all the time. A lot of people run that style of clutch in pulling trucks.
It's amazing what is out there in different aspects of the automotive hobby and one section doesn't know about what's available in the other sections. I am basically a drag racer and was amazed at what was available when I checked out a street rodding catalogue... and for less money!

we run a soft loc, we add or subtract c/w also, and adjust base pressure, in a stocker also. lots to a clutch.

-
Back