"Numbers Matching" Bull

-
LOL...what a joke. The engine and trans "are not original to the car" and "The grille is not a 69 year grille" but "All of the body stamped VIN numbers are matching"

It depends on what your buying, how much you're paying and what you plan on doing with the car.

Numbers matching turd!!!! When you take a crap and it break up into numerous pieces that makes the whole thing a numbers matching turd. But it doesn't make it worth thousands of dollars just it because came from the same place?????????????

You would think someone at that site would have caught the mis-use of the term "Numbers Matching"...
I mean the guy put numbers matching in the title, and these guys are usually good about exposing stuff like that

LOL...what a joke. The engine and trans "are not original to the car" and "The grille is not a 69 year grille" but "All of the body stamped VIN numbers are matching"
That's literally its only selling point and it doesn't even have the trunk lid

Also, I guess the entire rear of the car isn't stamped because that body patch on the back half is pretty atrocious

I pay close attention to numbers matching parts on my car.
It's a 73 Dart Swinger.
Engine numbers match a 96 Ram 1500
Trans numbers match a 95 Dakota
Ignition matches a 96 GMC 1500 truck (HEI)
Distributor matches the Autozone receipt
Seats match a 91 BMW 325i Vert

:lol:

I pay close attention to numbers matching parts on my car.
It's a 73 Dart Swinger.
Engine numbers match a 96 Ram 1500
Trans numbers match a 95 Dakota
Ignition matches a 96 GMC 1500 truck (HEI)
Distributor matches the Autozone receipt
Seats match a 91 BMW 325i Vert

:lol:
Good lord, really spliced that one together, why the beamer seats?

Numbers matching makes a huge difference in the value of collector cars.B and E body big block
examples exceed $100K if the numbers are there...$40K if they aren't.
A bodies not so much,the quality of an A body usually determines its' value and hi end might be $30's except M code and some 383 cars.
What is the definition of "numbers matching"?

Com'on, he only wants $8995 for that turd.
His third ex is probably on his case,
and he might have 12 kids still in diapers,

Did anybody catch that the body was "pretty much" numbers matching?
Yet the following paragraph says "all the body panels match the VIN". What means pretty much all? and What means ALL? Capital T Turd. Well the engine "runs", so maybe it might be a good core.

It's just click-bait, I fell for it

Last edited:
Numbers matching makes a huge difference in the value of collector cars.B and E body big block
examples exceed $100K if the numbers are there...$40K if they aren't.
A bodies not so much,the quality of an A body usually determines its' value and hi end might be $30's except M code and some 383 cars.
What is the definition of "numbers matching"?
It's body panel numbers matching which I didn't even know was a thing, the motor and trans are probably from a winnebago

What was that I read??? Blah blah blah, send me stupid money and I’ll sell you this piece of ****....blah blah blah!

It's body panel numbers matching which I didn't even know was a thing, the motor and trans are probably from a winnebago

The block has the vin sequence stamped into as well I believe. That's why "Warranty" blocks are so sought after, no vin stamp. I might have been wrong on the transmission.

I think all the rust is # matching

Actually, that brings up another point. Lets say in fantasy land, the all the numbers did in fact match (which we already know they don't). Once the work was done to replace that quarter, it's NO LONGER NUMBERS MATCHING... good grief.. Someone must have been sick the day that got published...

-
Back