nun 2 smart car

-

jomoper

Mope or Nope
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't know much about this pic apparently this happened in new orleans.This was forwarded to me from a friend in our local mopar club.I hesitate to post this but it does serve as a cautionary reminder.

Attachments

• not2smartcar.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1,029
Seen this pic before, It's not a Smart car, count the lug nuts and compare. Still an eye opener though....

you know i see stuff all the time that could end up just like that..i'm a dump truck driver and for some damn reason people just dont want to be behind big trucks for a min. they will pass you at the last min. just to get off a exit ramp that they know has been there for years but wait until you get right at it...i have been cut of buy a lady coming down a ramp on the phone i could not get over with cars on my side she was about a good 5' from me hitting her in the driver door and then she gives me the bird.stop at the stop light 1 day and buy my truck bigging as big as it is i cant see whats in front of me for about 5' or better and a car came up on the pass. side and put his bumper right in front of me to get by and when the light turned green i started to move young kid started blowing the ghorn as i was wrong...people must think before they do stupid stuff around big trucks its hard to stop 60/80 ths pounds once it start to move when its loaded and even harder to stop when empty...and when things like this happen even if its not the truckers fault you go through somethings with the law really sad for everybody inv. but people must think about it before they do it cause the life they save will be ther own..sorry for the long post on this but i go through this stuff all the time and have for the last 8/9 yrs mike:rambo:

That car didn't crushed as I thought it would. It just produced a s*#% load of shrapnel. Its probably more safer than our A-bodies:(

Yup, and really….. How often would you hit a 20 ton concrete barrier at 70mph almost head on.

That little car did very well for such an impact.

That picture has been floating around the net for a few years now. Like stated already its not even a smart car. Lol.

Here's the complete crash test of the Smart Car above.

I think this quote from the video sums it up:

No matter what you drive, rapidly decelerating from higher speeds is something your internal organs simply cannot cope with.

The chilling truth is the people inside both cars would have been very unlikely to have survived...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju6t-yyoU8s"]YouTube - smart car crash[/ame]

That quote is the 100% darn truth. I am surprised how well the car did. Enter the worth of a roll cage, thanks to racers around the world.

Here's the complete crash test of the Smart Car above.

I think this quote from the video sums it up:

YouTube - smart car crash

The off-set, head-on crash at 35MPH of a Smart Car- squishes in, leaps into the air, spins over 360 degrees and crashes down. Insurance Institute videos, they are up on YouTube

Here is a more "Real World" scenario

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he6TL15pJtw"]YouTube - IIHS Crash Test Of Mercedes C300 Versus Smart ForTwo[/ame]

A "Not-So-Smart-Car." If you live on an island in the Bahamas or something, they'd work great, but anywhere else is not ideal

A "Not-So-Smart-Car." If you live on an island in the Bahamas or something, they'd work great, but anywhere else is not ideal

they are meant to be a city car. not a family highway cruiser.

True, but how many city streets/main thorough fares hit 40 MPH or more? Hell, even @ 35 MPH the Smart Car would look like a lunch box. They are safer that the original munchkin cars from Germany (BMW Isetta/ Messerschmitt KR200), but I still wouldn't have one...even funnier are the "Sporty" Brabus editions, I've seen a couple @ work (Microsoft).

the smart car is so good in a crash because the whole thing is nothing but a crumple zone, but i still wouldnt wanna be in one if that happened, however i do still wanna throw a 440 (or maybe just waste another chevy BB) and watch peoples faces as i fly by.... then id try and turn it and therd be a whole nother problem...

the smart car is so good in a crash because the whole thing is nothing but a crumple zone, but i still wouldnt wanna be in one if that happened, however i do still wanna throw a 440 (or maybe just waste another chevy BB) and watch peoples faces as i fly by.... then id try and turn it and therd be a whole nother problem...

lol!! Little tin cans.gotta hate em. I'd like to see a bb smarty car...

That c class merc did pretty well! The smart car dricer woulda likely survived.

I woundt want either car...merc is pretty bad quality control

I like how they don't show the foot well area after the crash. Or should I say the lack there of. Ya sure it is nice the door still opens and all but I would rather keep my legs thank you.

-
Back