Nuther dumb gas station comment.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Getting some gas in the cuda today with the Wife.

We were both at the pump trying to figure out why it was not taking my credit card and some yahoo rolls up behind me in a ford explorer.

He say's "That thing gotta six pack!"

I said "Nope, don't need the extra 2 bbls."

He says "Awww **** man, it say's cuda on the side, it oughtta have a six pack in it."

Now I'm pissed because he swore in front of my Wife.

I said "Your truck says Ford on the front, does that mean you have a 427 and a four speed?"

He looks at me puzzled for a second, then spins around and walks into the convenient store without saying another word.

Dumbass.

Your pissed because he cursed? Take it lite brother, take it lite.

At least he didn't say "does it have tri-power" You mighta hurt him.

I get alittle pissed when guys say..nice Valiant,it,s a 66 Dart from Alabama.(they,re called Valiants up here in Canada)So I just point at the fender where it says D A R T.Then it,s like OH it,s a Dart.Then comes all the other stupid questions.

At least the mouth breathing moron didn't tell you that your Charger was a nice "Monte" and follow it up with the question "Got a 400 small block in that thing?". I can still laugh about this one 'cause I didn't get mad or even give the guy a dirty look. I just smiled and deadpanned, "Naw, it's got a 454 Hemi" as I started it up and drove away.
You can't let this level of stupidity get under your skin. I figure if they don't know what they are looking at, it's a waste of time to try to explain it so I just smile and say something suitably inane and get away from it. If I can zing 'em in the process, more the better.

I agree lighten up. Don't let some dumbass ruin your day.

have not heard that in a while....8)

guy just the other day ask me if i had a full race cam and i laughed and said nah 3/4 race lol every one thinks my car is a dart around here and every one you talk to had one back in the day and how they should have kept it. and it looked just like mine blah blah blah cudapaz dont get bent out of shape if your going to drive a hot rod be a good represenitive of the hot rod crowd and just humor people who dont know any better...... and if you dont like your wife to hear cursing how would you feel if she read your post im not saying what you should or shouldnt do, but kinda put your foot in your mouth on that one just my .2 no offence to you at all im just saying dont get bent out of shape over it all this isnt the first time and im sure it wont be the last someone tries to talk to you at the gas station

hey hes the one driving a ford u should feel bad for him lol

340 Dart, inkjunkie, and 1qwikScamp, I hope you guys are young enough to not know the real facts behind the 3/4 and the full race cam, as that would explain why you are poking fun at that comment. Us old schoolers know that there is actually such terminology involved in the grinding of camshafts in the early days of hot rodding. If I can find it, I will paste a very informative and indepth description of how camshaft technology has evolved over the years, and the resulting change in terminology used to describe camshafts. Although I doubt anybody that spews out that term will remember any of the facts behind the comment, it does have an actual basis in fact. Probably the very same guys who work at the scrap yard where I take my junk. Everytime I bring in a rusted out hulk of whats left of a car I parted, they ALWAYS ask..."What year Nova is that"??? And the guy who runs the loader is a Mopar guy!!! Go figure. Geof

I had an older felow ask what year rambler is that :-D
And I just say8) Close its a plymouth Valiant :toothy10:
But I do agree that the man needs some toilet paper for that mouth cudaspaz:bootysha:
That was my line when some one uses BAD language around my children or wife 8)

Just be glad that people appriciate your cars, even if they don't know what kind of car it is. Its not a new Civic, so people don't know what they are. And I am a young guy who knows what 3/4 and full race cams are.

340 Dart, inkjunkie, and 1qwikScamp, I hope you guys are young enough to not know the real facts behind the 3/4 and the full race cam, as that would explain why you are poking fun at that comment. Us old schoolers know that there is actually such terminology involved in the grinding of camshafts in the early days of hot rodding. If I can find it, I will paste a very informative and indepth description of how camshaft technology has evolved over the years, and the resulting change in terminology used to describe camshafts. Although I doubt anybody that spews out that term will remember any of the facts behind the comment, it does have an actual basis in fact. Probably the very same guys who work at the scrap yard where I take my junk. Everytime I bring in a rusted out hulk of whats left of a car I parted, they ALWAYS ask..."What year Nova is that"??? And the guy who runs the loader is a Mopar guy!!! Go figure. Geof
I am only 40 and am poking fun, but I remember reading something about that a couple of years ago. Didn't it have something to do with the blank itself?

Your truck says Ford on the front, does that mean you have a 427 and a four speed
Lol.

But I do agree that the man needs some toilet paper for that mouth cudaspaz:bootysha:
That was my line when some one uses BAD language around my children or wife 8)

I fogot to mention how much it gets under my skin when bad language is tossed around so cavalierly around kids. When I was engaged to Lori, we'd take her little girl Melissa out to dinner on the weekend. Almost every time there'd be some kids (under 30) in the next booth spewing profanty. I'd get up and tell 'em to "Cool it, I've got a 7 yr old girl here." That always stopped it and sometimes they'd even turn red with embarassment.

Another time I took I Lori and Mellisa to the dragstrip. There were two toothless wonders behind us who look like thay hadn't had a bath in a week and were sreaming profanity at drivers. It was really, really emabarassing as this was the first time I took Lori and Mellisa to Bandimere. I stood up and told them the same thing I tell people at a resturaunt. This time they told me to "fk off". I got steamed bad, but realized if I started swinging, that would be the end of Melissa's first time at the strip and it wasn't about me, it was about her. I got security and they were "removed". 8)

I fogot to mention how much it gets under my skin when bad language is tossed around so cavalierly around kids. When I was engaged to Lori, we'd take her little girl Melissa out to dinner on the weekend. Almost every time there'd be some kids (under 30) in the next booth spewing profanty. I'd get up and tell 'em to "Cool it, I've got a 7 yr old girl here." That always stopped it and sometimes they'd even turn red with embarassment.

Another time I took I Lori and Mellisa to the dragstrip. There were two toothless wonders behind us who look like thay hadn't had a bath in a week and were sreaming profanity at drivers. It was really, really emabarassing as this was the first time I took Lori and Mellisa to Bandimere. I stood up and told them the same thing I tell people at a resturaunt. This time they told me to "fk off". I got steamed bad, but realized if I started swinging, that would be the end of Melissa's first time at the strip and it wasn't about me, it was about her. I got security and they were "removed". 8)

Way to go Joe :cheers: I was at the stock car track with family from out of town that came to watch me race, I was in the stands talking and watching the hobby class run and two 25 to 30 year old men was spewing out all kinds of bad words, Me a 5'7 and 155lb soaking wet stand up in my fire suit and turn around and say out LOUD!! Some one give these guys some toilet paper for there mouth and one stood up and said sit my little *** down and about 7 people stood up and told him to go to the bathroom and whip you mouth or we will do it for you :cheers: Yep :happy10: it was cool I had some back up 8)

Right on Mike! No back up for me, but if I was alone I wouldn't have cared. I had to set an example for Melissa and "do the right thing" and choke down my pride. Even though Lori and I are no longer together, I don't regret it for a second. It's all about family and the kids. I hope Lori finds someone with the same values for Melissas sake. I would've done anything for her.

P5031098.jpg

Isn't "six barrel" the correct terminology for Plymouth anyways? "six pack" Dodge

People allways ask dumb questions at the gas station. Then they drive off with the pump handle still in there tank. LOL

onetime i was at the gas station in my red 74 dart sport, and some yahoos came outta the station and when they went to their car, they looked and asked me if my car is the one from starsky and hutch

Sorry guys, my daddy taught me better than that.

I don't walk up to total strangers and drop profanity in the presense of their lady so I don't like it done in the presence of mine.

Now if we know eachother, that's a different story but when some toothless yahoo with chewspit dripping out of his mouth while he swears in front of my Wife takes a crappy tone with me about my car, I'm ready to knock his face to the other side of his head.

I guess you had to be there because it seemed this dude was looking for an *** beating.

Sorry guys, my daddy taught me better than that.

I don't walk up to total strangers and drop profanity in the presense of their lady so I don't like it done in the presence of mine.

Now if we know eachother, that's a different story but when some toothless yahoo with chewspit dripping out of his mouth while he swears in front of my Wife takes a crappy tone with me about my car, I'm ready to knock his face to the other side of his head.

I guess you had to be there because it seemed this dude was looking for an *** beating.

i do agree with ya there some times people can be so disrespectfull

-
Back