Ocean City MD show tow

-

johnniesrotten

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I am asking a stupid question, I have a 66 Barracuda with a 360 and have a ticket to put it in the Ocean City MD show they have in May. My question is that I would rather not drive it 3 hours to OC and the 20 miles daily to the campgrounds for the 3 day weekend. I was toying with the idea of buying a tow dolly and towing it with my '13 Jeep Wrangler, it has the tow package and is suspossed to tow 2000 lbs. Am i being dumb thinking this MIGHT work???:sign3:

I wouldn't tow a craftsman lawnmower behind a Wrangler...

Seriously, the wheelbase is so short on a Jeep Wrangler, that the Barracuda will steer YOU.

I would not do it. When i bought my dart about 14 years ago, i tried this. I have a 97 wrangler and picked up a tow dolly from my buddy and towed the dart home about 40 miles. I didn't think i was going to make it home in one piece. The car pushed the jeep all over the place, stopping was unreal and thought i was going to burn the clutch up taking off. It was a scary ride for sure but i was young and my buddy wanted to see the dart make it home as much as i did.

Drive it come on.........

Bout 225 miles give or take.....do it.

As a "kid" :D, I drove several cars from the Md northern DC border down there. 150 miles or so, and with 4.10/4.56 gears...lol.

Seriously though, if you have the opportunity to wait close enough to see what the weather is before you decide, I'd hold off til' then. And I would not tow it with that setup, just not worth it to me.

I am pretty sure I am asking a stupid question, I have a 66 Barracuda with a 360 and have a ticket to put it in the Ocean City MD show they have in May. My question is that I would rather not drive it 3 hours to OC and the 20 miles daily to the campgrounds for the 3 day weekend. I was toying with the idea of buying a tow dolly and towing it with my '13 Jeep Wrangler, it has the tow package and is suspossed to tow 2000 lbs. Am i being dumb thinking this MIGHT work???:sign3:
I wouldn't use a tow dolly to tow anything over 5 miles or 10 mph

Wouldn't tow it with a tow dolly. We towed my brothers dirt track car (66 Coronet)with a tow dolly, the first night we tried towing with the rear on the dolly and without a lock on the column the car wander back and forth and we couldn't go over 30mph, after that we said screw the trans(auto)and towed with the front wheels on the dolly and it still wandered a little, but not as bad. We towed it with a 49 Dodge 1/2 pickup. This was in the early 90's.

Johnniesrotten, I make that trip every weekend during springo summer and fall from red lion which is only 10 miles from you. Twice a year I do it in my 72 stroked 350 vette with 4:11 gears. It's a great evening drive down and back. The sound of the motor/exhaust for just over 3 1/2 hours is very soothing to your ears and you will find it to be a very proud drive. You built it to drive! Enjoy it! Shoot me a pm sometime. We could drive down together.
Rod

-
Back