Odd Dodge

-

wayneswirld2

I need a vacation...
Reaction score
Yeah, I know, it's not an A body...but it's cool as hell and since I OWN an A body and needed something to tow it to the track with, I figured this would be perfect.

Let the questions begin......

Wayne

Attachments

• travco lf quarter.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 448
  • travco rf head shot.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 457
Are these the ones with the toilet in the middle of the shower?

No the toilet ain't in the middle of the shower.....I'm in the process of finalizing the deal as we speak. I WISH it had the 440, it's got a 318.

It absolutely is a whole lotta Mopar....I can't wait to get it home to piss off the neighbors!

Yeah I was gonna say.....them little ones usually had small blocks. That thing is cool.

That thing is awesome!

In one of the A Team series opening sequences, they have one going through a building right at you, so the last thing seen are the "DODGE" letters on the hood. COOL!!!!

its a Travco

There are sites dedicated to its preservation, I had a slightly newer one with a 440. Search them on google then join and it will make your life and restoration a little more enjoyable

They seem to be very "desirable" to the vintage motorhome people.....I'm glad I found this thing, looking forward to draggin' my Valiant to the track with it. I'm bringing back the 60's one day at a time!

Wayne
Austin, TX

That is awsome. Wish I could find one. Hope the deal gets sealed soon so we can see pics of inside. Does it have a toilet? What size is it? I know its big, how many feet?

Well gentlemen, the deal has fallen thru due to the "inconsistancies" of the story from the owner. Supposedly is drivable, right up till I get ready to go get the thing and drive it from north San Antonio to Austin, roughly 70 miles. All of a sudden the owner says "you need to have it TOWED, if you're not gonna tow it I'm not gonna sell it to you". Originally I was told that the only thing wrong with it was that the brakes need to be bled....seems to me that there is much more wrong with it than that.....

So, anyone in the San Antonio area that wants to take a chance on a very cool vintage RV, have at it!

Well gentlemen, the deal has fallen thru due to the "inconsistancies" of the story from the owner. Supposedly is drivable, right up till I get ready to go get the thing and drive it from north San Antonio to Austin, roughly 70 miles. All of a sudden the owner says "you need to have it TOWED, if you're not gonna tow it I'm not gonna sell it to you". Originally I was told that the only thing wrong with it was that the brakes need to be bled....seems to me that there is much more wrong with it than that.....

So, anyone in the San Antonio area that wants to take a chance on a very cool vintage RV, have at it!
You may have lucked out on that money pit. Those Travco's are cool it everything works good but they're not easy to get parts for. Those industrial 318-3's are not the best. Very underpowered even without a towed car behind it.

I happen to have a 413 industrial and the 727 that came with it out of a 73 winny. Ran great before I took it out. Just in case your interested. I'm not using it.

I happen to have a 413 industrial and the 727 that came with it out of a 73 winny. Ran great before I took it out. Just in case your interested. I'm not using it.
That one-off 413 industrial is just as hard to get parts for as the 318-3 but at least it has more power. If you're going to do a conversion, you might as well put in a 440 and be done with it.

That one-off 413 industrial is just as hard to get parts for as the 318-3 but at least it has more power. If you're going to do a conversion, you might as well put in a 440 and be done with it.

Thats true. I'll probably toss the whole top end in the scrap heap. the 413 short block, I'll keep. I keep thinking max wedge heads and intake for some reason. :snakeman:

Anyone in the Austin/San Antonio area want to talk seriously about a '74 Dodge/Grumman motorhome _with_ the toilet in the shower??? I just don't have time for it, but hate to scrap it! It got 7 miles per gallon Austin to Kerrville. That Travco could be sweet, but if ya want even cooler, check out my Grumman.

-
Back