Odd problem! Please advise!

-

superdart360

Reaction score
I have a 73 dart that the drivers side tire is 1/2 inch more forward than the passenger side.

I checked setups on the a-arms both are the same. No tweaks in frame everything is straight. When turning the tire it rubs front of fender and fender support bar. Is there a adjustment? would getting an alignment fix this?

I have had the upper ball joints replaced, but the problem still exists.
Kinda stuck at this point. Any help would be great!

Thanks!

did you measure from the center of the rear wheel to the center of the front wheels each side......That will tell you if it is off or not.....could just be a fender adjustment

Measure the wheelbase on each side to verify the 1/2 inch difference.

Good point. I will do that! The fenders have an equal gap. I would like that to be the problem but I don't think I can get that much out of them. I would have to move the fenders a minimum of 1/4 inch forward so the tire didn't rub. But its a good thing to check.

Thanks!

drop a plumb bob from the front rear spring hangers and measure to the grease fittings on the front lower ball joints with the car on the ground,let us know from there

I think you should give up on that car and give the motor tranny and disc brake set up to you Father-In-Law for his dart!

Now what would you do with the HEMI? There isn't enough room to park it at your house. I know! You can park it at my place, I can drive it and you can make the payments. That would work really good! LOL

Yes same size. New tires and rims.

cool just throwing a few things out their.....same rims on all four corners.....maybe you put rear rim ( wider off set }, on the front making it sit out farthur and would hit fender when turning.....Just thinking out loud

Hey guys im just a mopar kid so i aint sure but couldnt his k member be off? if i remember right 2yrs ago when i did my front end isnt there a lil play in k frame ? i dunno just a thought... now i wonder hos equal mine is lol

Check your strut rod bushings on both sides. Are they worn out or is one installed differently than the other. Just a thought, but couldn't something out-of-whack there allow the lower control arm to creep forward?

Weird situation... grasping at straws.

That's the optional factory trick drag racing front suspension setup to give you more roll-out on the staging beams so you don't foul! LOL.
No, really. There's been a lot of tube-framed race cars built with just this feature so you can leave earlier without lighting the big red eye on the tree.

K fram has very lil' movement but 1/4" each side would fix it but should measure it first then look for the problem.

I have a 70 Duster that I bought new. In the process of squaring it, and installing a 4 link; I found a factory 1/2" difference, from one side to the other. Factory tolerance...

-
Back