OEM?? ANCO wipers removed from 73 dart sport 340

-

AnswerBook

Reaction score
I recently removed these wipers from a highly optioned 73 dart sport 340 w/ 340 car
I believe them to be oem parts but am not positive, does any one know if these are original or not and maybe the worth and maybe what all cars came with these wipers or if they are specific to this car.... i can only find reproductions that look simular but there have to be pics of the same somewhere, I just can't find em to compare

1008181137.jpg

1008181135a.jpg

1008181136.jpg

Could be. I don't know that year in particular.
There's several threads with pictures, mostly in the sub-forum about exterior body. I've posted my '67 wipers. '67 A-bodies only got the Anco "double claw". parts books for '68-9 show either Anco or Trico could have been used. All of the Anco used a 'push button' or 'latch pin' release. OEM Industries makes repop 15 and 16" blades, but only 16" refills. Kinda silly. I haven't found the right person yet to address that, but they got 'em - fresh and new.

Most blades were removed with cheap easy to install replacements, was just thinking these because they have been on this car even longer than I have had it,it sat for 10 years before that... might be original

Where have you looked? and how have you looked?

Google is tricky to use effectively these days. :(

Start with the Parts book. Find the part numbers for the blade and refill. There may be several possibilities. Assume they are all possible. With these you can search for new old stock, not just e-bay, but also within mopar specific venders, forums, etc. If you have the parts books for the years before and after - you can check to get a sense of other years were same or different.

For period pictures, I like to start with the factory sales and promotional literature. There's a pretty good collection at Hamtramck Historical website. The 1970 Hamtramck Registry Library Page (1970 - 1974) Then look for advertizing and magazine reviews of the model. (some adverts are in the Archives section of Hamtramck Historical website).
Finally, hunt for photos of low milage and 'survivor' cars.
While these photos will rarely be focused on the wiper blades, theres a pretty good chance they will be visible in some of the photos.

For searches within FABO, the forum's search function is generally better than g**gle. Admittedly there's not alot of interest on FABO of this sort of original detail.
Here's the thread where I posted the originals on my '67 and there's a link to originals on a '70 Dart.
Mine have the 'anti-lift' or 'aero' deflector on them, but a different style than on your '73 Dart.
Who knows Wipers and refills? Especially originals

Pictures of '68 with aero type in this thread.
Refills for Metal Wipers

For reference, here's p/n for two years of A-body Anco blades and refills.
1967: 2770123, refill 2771967
1968: 2889962, refill 2771967

Google is tricky to use effectively these days. :(

Start with the Parts book. Find the part numbers for the blade and refill. There may be several possibilities. Assume they are all possible. With these you can search for new old stock, not just e-bay, but also within mopar specific venders, forums, etc. If you have the parts books for the years before and after - you can check to get a sense of other years were same or different.

For period pictures, I like to start with the factory sales and promotional literature. There's a pretty good collection at Hamtramck Historical website. The 1970 Hamtramck Registry Library Page (1970 - 1974) Then look for advertizing and magazine reviews of the model. (some adverts are in the Archives section of Hamtramck Historical website).
Finally, hunt for photos of low milage and 'survivor' cars.
While these photos will rarely be focused on the wiper blades, theres a pretty good chance they will be visible in some of the photos.

For searches within FABO, the forum's search function is generally better than g**gle. Admittedly there's not alot of interest on FABO of this sort of original detail.
Here's the thread where I posted the originals on my '67 and there's a link to originals on a '70 Dart.
Mine have the 'anti-lift' or 'aero' deflector on them, but a different style than on your '73 Dart.
Who knows Wipers and refills? Especially originals

Pictures of '68 with aero type in this thread.
Refills for Metal Wipers
THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO....I removed the ones from a 72 duster earlier this year when i replaced the blades and they were like these but cant remember exactly what they looked like as i just trashed them after i got new blades like an ignorant dumbass
For reference, here's p/n for two years of A-body Anco blades and refills.
1967: 2770123, refill 2771967
1968: 2889962, refill 2771967

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO....I removed the ones from a 72 duster earlier this year when i replaced the blades and they were like these but cant remember exactly what they looked like as i just trashed them after i got new blades like an ignorant dumbass

I cannot tell from your photos but those appear to be whatever Anco used to call their "anti wind lift" blades. The curve is supposed to hold them down. I doubt they are OEM. Show us a better closeup of just the connector. If it is "multi duty" that is a connector that adapts to the blade, or fits more than one, I REALLY doubt it is OEM.

By the way these are just one more thing that really pisses me off about modern cars/ parts. You USED to be able to buy refills (just the rubber) and there wasn't anywhere near the stupid array of different types, although there was some.....

In the mid 70's Anco stopped the "small hook" blades used on IHC Scouts, the original type Bronco, and older Jeeps and Landruisers. The Anco rep's (TWO OF THEM) came to down and I buzzed them about it........they did the bla bla bla with "no call for them."

I told them (it was winter) they better drive through town and count the Jeeps, Scouts, and Broncos and then come back and tell me that.

We had to buy them from Trico!!!

I cannot tell from your photos but those appear to be whatever Anco used to call their "anti wind lift" blades. The curve is supposed to hold them down. I doubt they are OEM. Show us a better closeup of just the connector. If it is "multi duty" that is a connector that adapts to the blade, or fits more than one, I REALLY doubt it is OEM.

By the way these are just one more thing that really pisses me off about modern cars/ parts. You USED to be able to buy refills (just the rubber) and there wasn't anywhere near the stupid array of different types, although there was some.....

In the mid 70's Anco stopped the "small hook" blades used on IHC Scouts, the original type Bronco, and older Jeeps and Landruisers. The Anco rep's (TWO OF THEM) came to down and I buzzed them about it........they did the bla bla bla with "no call for them."

I told them (it was winter) they better drive through town and count the Jeeps, Scouts, and Broncos and then come back and tell me that.

We had to buy them from Trico!!!

1008182217.jpg

1008182217a.jpg

1008182217b.jpg

1008182218.jpg

1008182216b.jpg

1008182216a.jpg

1008182216.jpg

1008182215.jpg

Does the end piece come off the wiper blade? If so, I'd guess "not" OEM This would be a "parts store" replacement and that piece would be an adapter for different arms

wiper.jpg

Push the button shown here and the bridge (claw) slides off. The rubber refill is captured between the two claws as shown in the links from last night.
1008182216b-jpg.jpg

The anti-lift ANCOs were most certainly original on A and B bodies in '67 and '68. Those had a red button and there must have been a slight change in '68 since the part number changed - probably the finish. We see examples of original regular (no anti-lift aerofoil) ANCO pushbuttons in 1970 and later.
I'm with Steve. It's possible the sporty models got anti lift blades in '73.

My '66 Chrysler has them, 18" versions. I wish you guys would stop throwing those original wipers away and putting on those tacky black plastic POS blades. These cars never, NEVER came with those plastic wipers. That was a marketing thing to get people trained to start using the much more profitable blade assembly instead of the rubber refill that takes about 30 seconds to slip in and out.

SANY0028.JPG

-
Back