OEM like finish on lower control arms?

-

RedFish

Reaction score
Have my lower arms submersed in vinegar. Rust is almost gone. I think I have enough baking soda to neutralize the acidic residue. What have you used to get the OEM look and prevent future rust? TIA

Yep... and still can be today..
1969dartswingercleanupweek4 035.JPG

1969dartswingercleanupweek4 055.JPG

1969dartswingercleanupweek4 087.JPG

Yes, from what I have read anyway. I didn't know the stuff was still available.
I think it is. There was a member here though who did like a faux Cosmoline finish on his and they turned out really nice. You might try a search, but if you're like me, it doesn't work worth a snot.
Heck yeah, there you go! I shouldda tagged @dadsbee cause obviously he knows. LOL

So my next question is, were any other suspension parts were coated with this?

My Bee 6 years after coating, 4 years on the road and 3500+ miles. I also live on a gravel road...
1969dartswingercleanupweek4 063.JPG

Upper arms in very few cases... nothing else. Picture above, all my bare suspension parts are coated with ECS's RPM.
I was actually thinking "upper arms" if nothing more. Now to finger out what quantity I'll need. Thanks again.

You can get cosmoline in a spray can too. I use it for long term storage on cranks, cams, etc.
I accidentally faked cosmoline on some lca for my dart. I painted them silver then clear coated with rattle can clear. After several years the clear yellowed and it looks just like cosmoline.

I done these with duplicolor metalcast

IMG_1297.jpeg

IMG_1296.jpeg

IMG_1299.jpeg

I used the Cosmoline in the spray aerosol can for my LCAs

6080652B-9C49-4F34-8F46-1A1248CD411C.jpeg

38290764-1263-4FD0-9D28-164FB16026E9.jpeg

Leaf Springs - at least some. No?

edit.
For restoration and original info, I find Moparts still has the most posters.
Here's some with pictures showing cosmoline

Last edited:
-
Back