OEM look 15x10 steel rims with custom backspacing?

-

DrCharles

Reaction score
I had found somewhere a pair of 15" steel (rally) rims cheap, that had been widened to 10" with an 8" backspacing. Perfect fit for a B-body rear under my '72 Swinger with minitubs and 3" spring relocation, even though they don't quite match my OEM fronts.

But when I had Moser true the housing (it was bent a lot from the look of the rewelded ends) and the perches relocated, I also had them narrow it to stock A-body width, about 1/2" on each side I think. Anyway, the 8" backspacing is now too much. Tires are 295/50 and are really close to the frame rail on the left (rubbed on bumps with my saggy springs), a bit more clearance on the right but still close.

The quarters had been replaced before I got the car and the fender lips have not been rolled. (I would like to run 325/50 but that looks too tight unless I roll the lips). For now I want to center the 295's in the well so when I burn them up I can get sticky 325's on.

Anyhow. I'll do some more measuring but something around 7 or 7.25" BS will work. Any recommendations on a source for OEM-appearing steelies with custom backspacing?
I found this place for $175 each, no extra charge for custom BS. And they're in KS so not as expensive to ship to MO. WHEELS!!

Other thoughts?

You could buy some inexpensive 1/8" spacers to give you the clearance you need, even 3/16" wouldn't hurt anything back there??? Treblig

My studs (on Dr. Diff axles) barely come out the nuts as it is. Could MAYBE use a 1/8" spacer. I should have got the 2" studs I suppose... but really wanted to keep the stock look, at least from the side ;)

I'm not sure that Wheel Vintiques has an OE style rim with a custom backspacing, at least from their website. But they do say it's an extra charge too.

I have 7.25" backspace on 67 dart.

I do have a pair of 15 x 10 rally's with the centers knocked out. Centers just need to be set and welded where needed. I was going to do them up for my dart but I have another project going on and dont really need them.

Seven inch backspace is what my 67 called for after the mini tub and springs were relocated. We chose to narrow the rear end 4" on each side to get the look we were going for.
upload_2018-12-2_7-36-50.png

-
Back