oem steel wheel 15x8 5 on 4 bolt pattern wheel info needed..

-
What kind of car are you building? What modifications have been done to the rear suspension and wheelhouses?

didn't think they made them thought I would ask thanks

Don't know anything about your fabrication skills, but since you're planning to build a gasser style Dart I assume you have some. About a hundred years or so ago, I built a pair of 15 X 8 reverse chrome wheels with the small bolt circle. I did it simply because there was no such thing at the time, and I wanted to run 15" 60 series tires. The year was 1971, the vehicle was a, then, brand new 340 Demon. How did I do it? Quite easily, actually. Bought a pair of 14" wheels from the auto wreckers with the small bolt pattern, and carefully cut the rim part off. I was able to buy a pair of "hoops" from a wheel manufacturer; which means outer rim with no centers. If you can't find those, just cut the centers out of a set of 15 X 8 wheels of any bolt circle. Anyway, in my case there was exactly 1/4" difference in the diameter of the wheel centers I planned to use, compared to the inside diameter of the "hoops". I welded 3/16" "pads on the part of the centers that contact the rim, then using the flange end of an old axle, I bolted my center to the flange of the axle, chucked it in a lathe and trued the "pads", turning the O.D. down to the exact inside diameter of the "hoops". In my case I wanted chrome wheels so I had the pieces chromed before I assembled them. If you are painting or powder coating you can skip that step. Anyway, I made up a little fixture using an old front flange/hub/spindle with the small bolt pattern, then bolted the center to it, carefully located my offset, put one tack on it to hold the location, and then with a dial indicator, trued the rim laterally, and radially, adding tacks as I went. When the wheel was running true, I welded the wheels securely and TADAA ! One complete pair of 15 X 8 reverse chrome wheels. Just about every guy in Toronto with a Dart, Demon, or Duster tried to buy those wheels from me. Lol. Anyway, I realize that not everyone is as determined (my wife says stubborn) as me, but if you want small B.C. 15 X 8 wheels of a particular style or offset and can't find them, there is your solution. Enjoy.

Thanks for the info...i had already thought of that, and is the way I will go...i like a challenge �� you have help me make up my mind.

Hey I don't know if this will help you, but this guy is pretty good at making up wheels in any configuration you want. I haven't bought anything form him but have met him at a few shows here in the area and seems like a nice guy. Give him a call if you can't find what you want. http://www.themopardude.com

Oh, and by the way my username on this site has nothing to do with this business.

66 dart 440 straight axel gasser 60s style

I was just curious. A 15x8 won't comfortably fit a 66 rear wheel house without offsetting springs at least. If you trim the wheel lip and offset the springs, it will work with a custom offset wheel. You need to talk to Stockton Wheel or Wheel Vintiques. Team III wheels has lots of gasser styled wheels. http://www.team3wheels.com/production_wheels.html

Don't forget to start a build thread and include lots of pictures. We like old gassers!

I had some small bolt wheels made at SheraDon Performance in Hugo, MN a few years back. 651-426-0061. $100 per for ralleye wheels.

I was just curious. A 15x8 won't comfortably fit a 66 rear wheel house without offsetting springs at least. If you trim the wheel lip and offset the springs, it will work with a custom offset wheel. You need to talk to Stockton Wheel or Wheel Vintiques. Team III wheels has lots of gasser styled wheels. http://www.team3wheels.com/production_wheels.html

Don't forget to start a build thread and include lots of pictures. We like old gassers!

Thanks for the help....sry about the pics...i will get some posted...have another question what back space do I want for for a stock rear spring set up for now...

Stockton Wheel will make you anything you want.

Few years back someone was using a 15X8 hoop from donor wheels and welding 14 inch rally center pieces in. Sounds like a lot of work.

-
Back