Off to the tranny shop!

-
Good deal Scott. Watch out for that sun. It's hard on everyone but I know you guys up north aren't quite as accustomed to it as we are. It's been super hot here this summer making it real hard to get stuff done. Right now it's 97 degrees and with the humidity it feels like 114. If your outside for 4-5 minutes it looks like you got sprayed by a fire hose.

Tracy,we have the same weather here most of the summer.It,s been in the 90,s all month with the humidex in the 105-110,s.If you look at an atlas,we are the same as California straight across.Regardless it,s hot as heck and don,t want to be in it!LOL

Great news Scott, glad to hear she is ready to be put in! Lets hope luck is on your side this time and it lasts a little longer.

With all my issues solved,who knows it may go faster?LOL.I,m glad it,s not as hot today,still have to get it in and then go to work til midnight...uggghhh.:clock:

Tracy,we have the same weather here most of the summer.It,s been in the 90,s all month with the humidex in the 105-110,s.If you look at an atlas,we are the same as California straight across.Regardless it,s hot as heck and don,t want to be in it!LOL

Ok. I just assumed since your quite a way north of me you'd be quite a bit cooler. I'm not a fan of hot weather either.

Trannys in,puddle under car!!From sweating!Sheesh that was a hot job putting that in today.I still have to finish putting the driveshaft in and top it up with new fluid.Hope to try it out this week.:clock:

very cool scott! glad you got it installed!!!

BTW, why are you not in the chat room tonight! lol

Well the tranny is all buttoned up and topped up.Couldn,t fire it up,due to bitchy neighbours.LOL.Gonna fire it up and check the fluid level tomorrow,after I drop the daughter off.Hope all works out?

Well the tranny is all buttoned up and topped up.Couldn,t fire it up,due to bitchy neighbours.LOL.Gonna fire it up and check the fluid level tomorrow,after I drop the daughter off.Hope all works out?

May the force be with you Scott lol

Well I got 10 passes out of it this time:angry7:I went ot Grand Bend for a Nostalgia event this weekend,ran 3 passes friday evening(T&T)The first pass saturday morning,when I picked up my time slip,the guys says..the tower says you have a tranny leak,fix it.?Well I guess the seal went again?WTF?This time the cars going to the shop to get fixed,as I don,t have time to do it again(on holidays)It has to be something with the pressure with the manual valve body??:angry7::clock:

PS Attention Fishy68(Tracy)........any help?suggestions???
View attachment 172466

do you run the engine to transmission braces... sounds like your hooking and the trans is deflecting enough to cause problems in the converter seal area... ive seen another car crack the bellhousing because he wasnt running them (9.50's)1/4 mi 904/999 with brake

I think a little JB weld and some back silicone should fix her up good and get ya back on the road .... LOL LOL.
Give Red Green a call. He can fix anything with a little duct tape. LOL
Don't waste your time with these "solutions"! You had a lot of good bolt holes left on that bell...shoulda just rotated the tranny 90 degrees and bolted 'er back up! :toothy10:

All kidding aside, though, you were very lucky. Good to see a car back in business.

Well I got 10 passes out of it this time:angry7:I went ot Grand Bend for a Nostalgia event this weekend,ran 3 passes friday evening(T&T)The first pass saturday morning,when I picked up my time slip,the guys says..the tower says you have a tranny leak,fix it.?Well I guess the seal went again?WTF?This time the cars going to the shop to get fixed,as I don,t have time to do it again(on holidays)It has to be something with the pressure with the manual valve body??:angry7::clock:

PS Attention Fishy68(Tracy)........any help?suggestions???
View attachment 172466

First make sure it is actually the seal. Might be something simple like a cooler line. As Hamrdown asked are you running the trans. to engine torque braces? I know some guys don't run them and get lucky but I have seen guys not run them and break the case. I know you had rearend problems shortly before the case broke last time and that is probably what caused it but you just never know positively.

Tracy,I,ve had all my internals swapped to a new housing/case and have made 10 passes and now the seal is leaking again.Oh,I also had the snout replaced on my t.converter.Do you think it has anything to do with line pressure from the manual valve body?Line pressure?:read2:

Did you verify it is the front pump seal? If so it could be the pressure is too high. I'd say put it up on a rack and test the pressure. If the pressure is ok it's something mechanical. Either the snout wasn't repaired correctly, the seal got nicked when installing the converter or there's a problem with the front pump bushing. It sucks but the only way to know for sure is to yank it back out, again.

I,m gonna call them in the morn.The car is going there,cause I,m not wasting my holidays playing with this this time.They can pull,fix,re-install.My lines aren,t leaking(new stainless and cooler)it,s the seal again. ??

Any idea if it could be the pressure line diameter?

I,m gonna call them in the morn.The car is going there,cause I,m not wasting my holidays playing with this this time.They can pull,fix,re-install.My lines aren,t leaking(new stainless and cooler)it,s the seal again. ??

Any idea if it could be the pressure line diameter?

What do you mean the "pressure line diameter"? Do you mean the cooler line diameter? If so I highly doubt that'd be a problem.

BTW: I assume the case isn't cracked again? Wasn't that the problem last time?

Yes the case was cracked,have since had internals swapped to a new case,replaced the snout on t.converter.The car has been running fine,after 10 passes it,s started leaking at the seal again.I,m stumped?

There goes that idea, when my front seal was leaking the pump housing and reaction shaft support mating surfaces were not flat and smooth anymore so it quickly wore out the new bushing and seal on a supposed rebuild.

edit also the rotors were scored

Hang in there bud. You are a great example in persiverance and "stick to itivness". It's going to be a great accomplishment when this car is sorted out and running 10 second quarters.

-
Back