Offset keys sb

-

plymouth1937

Reaction score
Hi you all where can a buy offset crank keys for my 318 im assembelin the hopt up sb for my rod and whant to centerline the cam i have the old style crank sprocket non adj and I cant find any on line i knowe that macini use to have them but not any more

Cam degreeing help me understand! | Page 8 | For A Bodies Only Mopar Forum
100_3135-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Hi you all where can a buy offset crank keys for my 318 im assembelin the hopt up sb for my rod and whant to centerline the cam i have the old style crank sprocket non adj and I cant find any on line i knowe that macini use to have them but not any more
Did you try Summit?

I've never seen offset crank keys before. I have seen and used the offset camshaft keys though.

Isky 4* offset crank key . Just had a look, old catalog. They had them for various engines, Ford V8s & Chevs. Mopar not listed, maybe one of the above might fit?

Isky 4* offset crank key . Just had a look, old catalog. They had them for various engines, Ford V8s & Chevs. Mopar not listed, maybe one of the above might fit?
Hi iv found them on pitstop thanks

I’ll try to check my stash today but I’m almost positive my keys have Chevy marked on them.

Just be aware that 4 degree offset for a chebby keyway does not mean same on sbm. I ran into this issue and had me scratching my head. You are better off with a 9 way timing set. JMO.

Just be aware that 4 degree offset for a chebby keyway does not mean same on sbm. I ran into this issue and had me scratching my head. You are better off with a 9 way timing set. JMO.
Hi yes i knowe it wold be better whid 9 way but the one i got is brand new,im gona time the cam and see where im at then order if I need to iv found a dealer here in sweden to so il be allright thanks

Also note that you will have to do some grinding to the key to make it fit. I used the 988G and it was too wide and too long.
I believe the others are the same.

I have an offset keyway on the duster on the crank. It's kind of a weird deal because the harmonic balancer still has to be and it's true position so it's actually a two-piece...

-
Back