Status
Not open for further replies.

bmxican

Mopar Aficionado
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys, it's going to be time soon to relocate my springs inboard on my Barracuda. I wanted to just cut the frame and move them inward, but I hear if you don't get this exactly right, the car will take off crooked and such. In order to avoid this headache, I was looking for some offset shackles and offset hangers as well.

Does anyone have some for sale?
Do you get as much clearance asyou would from just cutting the frame and moving the springs inboard?

Thanks for the input FABO! :D

I believe the offset hangers are 3/4 of an inch as where the spring relocation is moved 3 inches in.Hope this helps.

I believe the offset hangers are 3/4 of an inch as where the spring relocation is moved 3 inches in.Hope this helps.

Dang, that's not that much now is it?

Looks like I'm going to have to cut in the car after all. Time to do some research so I don't screw up. Thanks dude! :D

They wil bring in the spring just enough to use the whole wheel well. If you want more then that you will need to mini tub and move the springs in to the frame.

I bought some Mustang wheels (5 spoke style kinda like A.R. Thrust II rims), 17" x 8", 6.5" of backspacing.

Even with offset shackles 6.5" backspace will move the tire too far in. I think you'll be better off with something like 4.5" backspace.
I'm planning to run 15" Centerlines with 4.5" backspace but my '69 Dart has a B-body 8-3/4 rear and I'm going to get it narrowed to perfectly center the wheels in the wheelwell.
I'm sure other FABO members have more experience with this so let's see more replies.

Even with offset shackles 6.5" backspace will move the tire too far in. I think you'll be better off with something like 4.5" backspace.
I'm planning to run 15" Centerlines with 4.5" backspace but my '69 Dart has a B-body 8-3/4 rear and I'm going to get it narrowed to perfectly center the wheels in the wheelwell.
I'm sure other FABO members have more experience with this so let's see more replies.

Dang, I was worried about that but I figured with the complete relocation of the springs plus the mini tub, they would clear. At most I thought I would need some wheel spacers. That would suck if I can't get them to fit, already spent the cash on them. :p

Would I be better off with a B-Body 8 3/4?

Dang, I was worried about that but I figured with the complete relocation of the springs plus the mini tub, they would clear. At most I thought I would need some wheel spacers. That would suck if I can't get them to fit, already spent the cash on them. :p
If you do a minitub they might fit.spacers?

Early b-body 8 3/4 rear and offset the springs/hangers .80". If they are really 6.5" backspace, you're going to need a good bit of spacer.

We used 17x9 on this car, early b-body rear, springs in .80", backspace is 5.94 on cobra r wheel we used, no spacer:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=69860

I have a 68 barracuda in storage (have not had time to try/fit big wheels), but I'm assuming it's a bit closer than the duster out back. With the 8 inch wheel, and a 245 tire, it should fit no problem. 8)

Also, visit us big wheel abody freaks here:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=58491

I'm pretty sure it's 6.5" of backspacing.

I guess I'd have to chance it on the offset shackles and and hangers and hope it fits or sell them if they don't and relocate the springs.

Time to think a bit... Thanks so much for the responses guys. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back