Offsetting rear springs - Kits?

-

72demon-777

Reaction score
Does someone make a kit to offset the rear springs on a 1972 Dodge Demon? I want to offset my rear springs another inch or two to be able to use a wider wheel/tire set. I am sure this has probably been answered before but I haven't had much luck finding anything...

Thanks for all the help!

yes and you can get them at most places like mancini and mopar performance

An inch or two, aren't really your options. One kit moves them 3/4"; it has offset front and rear hangars, requires punching abaout a 1" hole in the ouside of each of your rear frame rails, and rewelding of your spring perches to the housing. The other kit moves them 3"; it requires cutting out some of the frame, welding in new frame pieces, and rewelding the spring perches. Both kits require centering of the rear housing prior to setting the pinion angle and rewelding the perches. MP makes both kits or you can build the 3" one yourself.

Thanks for the information. Definitely only need to move them in 3/4" as opposed to 3", just looking to run a slightly larger tire. I'll check out those places you mentioned.

Thanks again!

With the 3/4" kit I was able to fit 305 50 15 BFGs or a 28 10.5 15 slick under my 71 Duster w/10" wide Weld Draglites, and SS springs. No modification to the rear tubs and never a rub.

Attachments

• duster 21.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 212
Brad, if you dont mind me asking ,what back spacing is on those rear wheels,

Im interested in doig the same with our Duster

Thanks, Bob

Brad, if you dont mind me asking ,what back spacing is on those rear wheels,

Im interested in doig the same with our Duster

Thanks, Bob

Bob,

Those wheels have 6.5" backspacing. I was using a B-body Dana, so an A-body rear will not require that much backspacing.

Brad

-
Back