Offy dual BBS setup

-

robertob

Reaction score
Test-fitting my dual carb manifold with the rebuilt carbs. Looks good!

Attachments

• intake.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,843
Thanks!

Hardest part was building two identical carbs that were in good shape. Had to start with four cores.

I am getting ready to install mine on my aluminum slant

Very nizzzzee =P~=P~ and congratulations :thumbrig:

I'm kind of an anti-bling guy myself. Prefer OEM stuff whenever it doesn't compromise power (like here). I like it when people pop the hood and think everything is stock.

Robertob

did you finish the exterior of the offy intake?
I like that matt grey and polished lettering look.

looks real nice!

Having the two carbs should solve the leaning out of the two end cylinders. If that's the case the motor should run a little cooler. Are you keeping the mechanical linkage?

The exterior is the way it came out of the box.

And yes, one of the reasons I chose this intake was to keep the stock 'twist rod' linkage.

Seeing the duel carb set-up makes me wish I had that instead of my 4bbl set-up. Looks awsome

I admit I got it mostly for looks. I am sure it will be down on power compared to a 390 holley or similar, but damn it looks cool. In fact I sold a complete 390 setup a while back. The other part of the reason I kept it was to use the original twist rod throttle linkage.

I am getting ready to install mine on my aluminum slant
Cool. If I had one, I would run Evans Waterless Coolant. I will put it in my cast-iron slant. Works great in my old M-B.

I saw one of the those dual carb intakes on ebay currently, but don't recall the carbs or linkage.

Had to start with four cores.

Four cores and seven years ago.... LOL!!!

Nice. I also have a 2 x 2 intake for a slant in my basement. I need to get the linkage set-up for it....

But that's a project for another time....

Looks great. Let us know how it runs....

That looks really good! I'm definitely considering selling my new Clifford Hyper Pack intake, Holley 390 carb and Clifford shorty headers', and doing a dual carb setup instead!

I had invested in the intake last year, but tired of trying to find 2 matching carbs, and when I did I couilldn't bring myself to give his price for 2 slant carbs!! LOL
I havew always loved dual carbs on anything.

Wow blast from the past. I actually sold that intake without running it. I gave up because there are NO tuning parts for the BBS carbs available. I set it up as best I could but had no way to tune it if it didn't work.

If you are going to do one of these, use new 2bbl webers or a pair of matched Holleys (since you can get jets for them).

It is so awesome, I was planning on getting a two barrel on a two barrel intake mani. but this is way cooler. I am changing my plan and will definitely do this!

That's sweet! Years ago I used to have a company called ProLineFuel and I sold a dual weber slant six set-up. Wonder how many of those are still out there?

-
Back