Ohio has officially become the pothole capital of the world

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
That’s right they knocked Pennsylvania from the long time leader. I swear that 30 mile stretch of road past Summit Racing has some potholes that should be named. Man i clobbered a couple on the way to Dragway 42 in my motorhome that knocked my fillings out.

The potholes around here are sooooooo big.........

that if you're caught standing too close to them, the DNR will write you a ticket for fishing without a license!!!

Pffffffffffffftttt ...... They obviously didn't drive through Illinois
Potholes in Illinois 'among worst' in country, report says
1685651099232.jpeg

Winnipeg, Canada claims #1 status. The City is built on a massive ancient lakebed. {Lake Agassiz]. i's all gumbo under so every spring there are thousands of them. The first picture shows long abandoned [1956] street car tracks.

aaa.jpeg

a.jpg

aa.jpg

The ability of any state, city, local township to be able to maintain roadways can be directly related to the amount of tax they collect from residents, business's as well as anything they get back from the federal government
Pot hoes are often a result how how severe a winter was. Weight restrictions on trucks, traffic etc.
Come better weather, milling roads and new asphalt is done all over the city
City DOT handles all potholes with dedicated crews. The idea is to get a handle on it before it gets out of control, although sometimes thats not always the case

That’s right they knocked Pennsylvania from the long time leader. I swear that 30 mile stretch of road past Summit Racing has some potholes that should be named. Man i clobbered a couple on the way to Dragway 42 in my motorhome that knocked my fillings out.
Now THAT would make for great no prep street racing! Maybe use off road tires? Anybody can race on a prepped track... :lol:

One of the reasons President Eisenhower and his homies specced the interstates to be concrete wherever possible. You won't have to screw around repairing them for about 20 years. One little crack in an asphalt roadway, new or old, water will penetrate and mess up the base underneath. Let the potholes begin. I can't complain too much though. I made a comfortable living in the asphalt business :lol:

One of the reasons President Eisenhower and his homies specced the interstates to be concrete wherever possible. You won't have to screw around repairing them for about 20 years. One little crack in an asphalt roadway, new or old, water will penetrate and mess up the base underneath. Let the potholes begin. I can't complain too much though. I made a comfortable living in the asphalt business :lol:
Look at the way the Europeans do it

The government says "we need a road from here to here, which needs to last 20 years. We are now taking bids from contractors"

Guess who is on the hook if a pothole develops?

The contractor who put in the road

It makes for a much higher level of initial quality

-
Back