Oil Accumulator Install

-
That looks like a very small filter, are you sure that is not too restrictive?
Exact same flow rate and pressure ratings as larger like the 1068 or the other longer ones. Believe me I researched thoroughly and spoke with Wix about it. Also consulted with engine builder, who gave it the green light. I had the same concerns initially as you. I will just change it more frequently.

I have a Canton plate that sandwiches between the 90 degree oil filter mount and the filter. The plate has a 10AN fitting into it. I use Napa Gold 1335 filter to fit.

View attachment 1715869083

I've got one of those sandwich adapters but just decided to plumb the supply right into the block.
oiling1.jpg
oiling.jpg
oiling3.jpg

I bought my 3 quart Accusump second hand but it had been rebuilt by Canton. I still need to get the remote filter assembly and electric valve.

Brian at IMM suggested these fittings. I've got the headers installed and the hose routing should well clear the primaries and I have some Heatshield Products Lava Tube to wrap around the hose for good measure.

Gonna put one on my car but I'm torn. Close to motor for pretty oiling and loss of pressure protection, or near the trunk so I can spray oil out the back to foil the hot pursuit?

Gonna put one on my car but I'm torn. Close to motor for pretty oiling and loss of pressure protection, or near the trunk so I can spray oil out the back to foil the hot pursuit?
I'm likin option #2.

I've got one of those sandwich adapters but just decided to plumb the supply right into the block. View attachment 1715873934 View attachment 1715873935 View attachment 1715873933

I bought my 3 quart Accusump second hand but it had been rebuilt by Canton. I still need to get the remote filter assembly and electric valve.

Brian at IMM suggested these fittings. I've got the headers installed and the hose routing should well clear the primaries and I have some Heatshield Products Lava Tube to wrap around the hose for good measure.
That is exactly how I plumbed mine. No 90 degree restrictive adapter. I did not use the electric solenoid as those restrict the flow rate as well. Canton makes a pull cable that you mount inside the car. This setup keeps full flow.

That is exactly how I plumbed mine. No 90 degree restrictive adapter. I did not use the electric solenoid as those restrict the flow rate as well. Canton makes a pull cable that you mount inside the car. This setup keeps full flow.

I have the pull cable as well. It came with it when I bought it second hand. Didn't know the solenoid restricts flow.
I decided to get the solenoid because I fear having low oil pressure while in the slaloms and big sweeping turns on auto-x and roadrace tracks. If I just wanted pre-oiling I would definitely keep the pull cable setup.

I have the pull cable as well. It came with it when I bought it second hand. Didn't know the solenoid restricts flow.
I decided to get the solenoid because I fear having low oil pressure while in the slaloms and big sweeping turns on auto-x and roadrace tracks. If I just wanted pre-oiling I would definitely keep the pull cable setup.
The advantage to the electric is you don't have to think about it.

-
Back