Oil Pressure Gauge Line - Nylon vs Copper

-

Jons340Dart

Reaction score
So considering I am running rubber mounts and the engine does bounce a bit due to cam..... I need some feedback and recommendation as to whether nylon or copper is the preferable choice for my oil pressure gauge line. Was worried that the copper wouldn't be as flexible over time and might break. Comments?

If I did run a live line gauge it would be copper. A single loop coil will absorb and dissipate any motion and a sheathe of neoprene fuel hose will protect it from other hazards.

Copper, I have seen many of the plastic lines brake. Also, If you ever race the car you will have to have a copper line as well. Run it as redfis says and all will be good.

Ran nylon for years with no issues. Always put inside some rubber hose to protect them. Now I'm running a braided line. It's tough and flexible.

Delete.

For some reason I had fuel line and not oil on my mind. Braided line gets my vote and then copper. No nylon for me.

Wylde1.

I chose to go with #3 braided line also. They are used for brake lines also. If they will hold brakes there is no way your motor will never put that kind of pressure on it.

Years ago I had a under dash power wire ground out and it melted through the nylon line and got oil everywhere...carpets...clothes etc etc now it is copper all the way.
AL

Use either a copper or braided line.
I once had a nylon line rupture under the dash and got covered in hot engine oil. That was no fun.

-
Back