ok guys......................here it is

-
Super cool more door. Very cool to make an exact replica for your wife of her first car. I am sure this will be a time machine of sorts for her, and take her back in memory to her teenage years.

My hats off to you Sir, well done!!!

Great work but always wonder why people restore undesirable cars. I mean 4 doors.

More doors arent my personal cup of tea either, but i do admire the effort that goes into anybodies restoration. The fact that theres reproduction headliners, windshield and backlite gaskets, weatherstripping, door panels, upholstery, window sweeps, etc. for A body 4 doors means that theres enough people who like them enough to restore them.

Plus the fact that he restored this car as an exact replica his wife drove as her first car at 16. I dont know him or his wife, but by the love that was put into that valiant i can only assume she really loved that little car. This is probably a time machine of sorts back to a simpler time in life for her.

I know i love that old car musty smell, it takes me back 30 years myself.

Matt

Wasn't the highest scoring mopar ever Dave Walden's black slant six, '70 Valiant more door?
..Great Job!

I say great job!!!! your wife will no doubt love it!!!! great attention to detail and quality work.
as for the four door comments, I have to wonder about that comment of undesirable where on FABO I would guess the vast majority of the cars we work on are NOT considered to most desirable in the Mopar camp!???
I understand wondering why a more door? but you and the other positive guys have all the right answers. I think some of us tend to evolve in this hobby as time goes by. I now love slants and 25 years ago, I couldn't throw one away fast enough! ( super is even!) LOL
I will come out of the car closet and admit I found a 67 more door slant dart I am just waiting for the right moment to pounce on!

we just got home from the car show today and the car did great on the highway. We ran the interstate mostly. something I rarely do because my Duster doesn't really like it but I sandwiched the Valiant in between the Duster and the Dart Sport. I was running a constant 70MPH and she was right up my backside. round trip was approx. 125 miles. Valiant averaged 20 MPG, Dart Sport averaged 18.5 MPG and my Duster averaged 14.7MPG. As for pics of the show and how the cars did, I am going to do another thread titled " momma's first car show " in the Mopar general discussion section and hope the moderators don't move it somewhere else. I think you will be surprised.

if those tires had not been brand new when I got the car, they would have probably been changed. They have less than 500 miles on them.

Fantastic looking ride-- just need to add a sack of groceries in the trunk!!(old metal cooler maybe)
What a nice looking car. Lawrence

Gorgeous! I love seeing 4 doors at shows. You would think the way people think, there were only 2 doors sold. There was a blue 4 dr. Valiant at Carlisle last year that got LOTS of attention...

Roadrunnerh, was the blue 4 door a 72 with black vinyl top and 318 factory AC car? A buddy built it years ago when he couldn't sell it for $1,500. Sold it at Mecum to someone in the NY area for $8,500 2 years ago. Car was beautiful and like Bills completely stock.

Not my cup of tea but I do appreciate the time and talent put into it to have one beautifully restored car.

To take the time to make it all look like it did coming out of the factory 47 years ago is a hard job. NICE JOB !

Now my comment that your wife might not like but it is my opinion, when Mike did Laura's car it also had Blackwell tires and so he put it back that way. But he also had a set of Cragers with RWL tires. Sometimes he showed it stock, some with Cragers.

When I was younger I was never a fan of white wall tires. But now I look at a car and think, it needs white wall tires. It just adds something. So if it had white walls or maybe a set of Cragars (DAY 2 look) it would change the look drastically

Hope to meet someday. Not that far away, love to see your cars.

you may be on to something there Lawrence. will give it some thought. Bill

Bill,

I got an old piece of luggage the hard plastic type with chrome latch and put in the trunk of my Dart. Have some tools and parts in it for that just in case. Better than having a tool box in the trunk. Wish I had a matching piece to go with it. Mine is red so goes well with the look of my car.

Turned out just great! Reminds me of my grandmothers 69 Valiant.
Looks like many good years of cruising fun.

Great, beautiful car...and nowadays quite rare.

Btw:

We have 6 vintage cars in our family, and this one - not the Mercedes, the Duster or the Demon -gets regularly the most appreciation by 'ordinary' people:

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 148
Looks great, as most others have already said.

Now I'm going to ***** a little. To begin with, the people that asked why you restored THAT car obviously aren't and weren't paying attention when you stated explicitly in the beginning why you searched for and began restoring a Valiant. For your wife because she had the same type car back in the day.

Second, the people that ask you that surely held their finger up to the wind to see which way it was blowing before buying a car or having one restored. They also likely conferred with friends and those here to make sure they understood which car and color was the most popular before taking the plunge. If they bought a car that was an odd color such as brown, tan or grey they also made sure to swing buy the paint store and pick up some Yellow or Green paint. If they built one they probably started many threads asking what would be the best engine/mufflers/wheels/tires.

So, the point is...don't ask somebody why they built a particular car. If they didn't state it at first like Bill did, they probably did it because they f*cking felt like it and didn't need to consult with anyone about beforehand.

That car will grow on you Bill...count on it.

That car is awesome, doesn't matter about how many doors it has or if the jack is upside down or not you have done some absolutely great work. If you do come down to my part of the country for Cruisin The Coast I will definitely be looking for that car to take many pictures of it for my collection of Mopar pics.

The car turned out sweet, screw the people that don't like it.

Ask the internet jocky's here that don't like it, to post a picture of their car. I bet they all shut up real fast.

As long as momma is happy..................

Lookin Great! that's a sweet ride, and it is so clean. Nice job takin care of the wife too, I just wish mine had a request like "build me an old mopar"... ENJOY!!

-
Back