Ok, how long have you had your Mopar

-
Longest to own one of many.
6 year's. It was a 70 model plain jane 318 , power st, am. fm barracuda.
lemon twist with black int cosole [shift gate] car.

That is cool that most have keep their cars this long. I now wish I had keep my 68 Charger R/t. Had it for 7 years. Got it in 82. As for the ones I have now I have no plans to get rid of them. My daughter has already claimed my Dart, and my son claims the Barracuda. ut what they don't understand is i plan on out living them...lol

Had my Dart Sport 6 years, 2 months. No plans on parting with it....getting bored with a vehicle is just an indication that it needs more modification :headbang:

I've had the Demon for going on five years but it never looked like this till last year. As I've said in recent threads this is my first A body- automatic in the last 30 years everything up till know has been B body BB 4 speeds and I ain't never going back. This things a rush and besides another big project might kill the marriage (25 yrs next year) and I'll be go to hell if I'm giving up half our retirement fund and I kind of like the old girl. :burnout:

Terry

P6020033 (Custom).JPG

My Demon - 16 years in Jan '07

'73 Satellite SP - approx. 2 years

'67 Barracuda - just went over a year in Oct '06

No, they're not going anywhere...:)

I had my first and my first car a 65 Ply. Fury for about 5 years then I had a 73 Duster for about a year then I moved and couldn't take it with me. I have had my 72 Demon for about a month and a half right now but it will never leave me. One of my kids will end up with it after I die. My oldest girl will probably be the one that ends up with it if I know her.

E5 '70 Duster 340: October 1978 - bought it in Okinawa, Japan while I was a military dependant over there. Galen Govier was stationed over there at the same time incidentally.

B5 '70 Duster 340: February 1989 - torn apart years ago - it's still on the to-do list...

Emerald Green '98 Ram SS/T: bought new in March of '98. Only 60K miles rolled up so far.

F4 '70 Swinger: November 2000 - the wife's car. Was owned by my stepdad for a dozen years before we gave it a home.

Black '04 Ram 1500 Hemi Quad Cab: April '04 - the wife's daily driver.

F4 '70 Duster: November 2004 - found it at the Garlit's show and couldn't go home without it. Interior still smells like a new car...

Y6 '74 Duster: July 2005 - Just finished the /6 to 340 conversion. Loaded the engine/tranny/front suspension/K-Member all from underneath just like they did on the assembly line three decades ago...that was interesting...

I've had countless other A-Bodies, and a few Road Runners, Super Bees, and Challengers, but this is the stable today. Wish I still had the '69 Road Runner Convertible and the '70 Super Bee V Code w/A833. Sold the Bee for peanuts 25 years ago to help buy a new Kawasaki. Idiot. Maybe the Challenger too, so I could sell it to some moron at Barrett-Jackson for six figures and finance a few other projects...!!!

Let's see now..... I've had my 66 Valiant Signet for 29 years, and have no plans to sell it.
I also have a 67 Dart GT that I bought in 1983 and drove for about 10 years. It's next on the resto list.
On the DARK SIDE I have a 1974 Camaro Z28 that I purchased new when I was stationed in Germany. It has 20,000 original miles on the odometer.
And a 1955 Chevy Sedan Delivery wagon that I'm also restoring. I bought it in 1989.

My wife and I bought our 68 GTS convertible Jan. 26, 1983 from the second owner with about 77,000 miles. We have put about 100,000 more on it.

My son has now owned his Dart GT convertible for seven years (he's not quite 21).

I've had my 67 Barracuda convertible for three months.

1977 dodge powerwagon-6 years
1968 dodge charger r/t -5 years
1972 dodge 2wd pickup-3 1/2 years
1998 dodge dakota -3 years
1972 plymouth scamp 8 months

does family count :) my dad had my 65 for 37 years(sat for 20+yrs of that) i had it for the the last two years. He bought it when it was two years old and was the second owner.

coming up on our 1 month anniversary i am with my /6.

still looking to get her out on her mission...my daily drive.

blind.

My Current Dart I've only owned about 2 years.

When I was younger I owned a 72 Scamp that was my daily driver for 7 years. Wish I had that one back.

2shelbys said:
I bought my 1969 383 Formula S 4-speed notchback in May of 1982. The advantage of being around back then? It had 13,701 original miles on it, it is numbers matching (but with a Dana 60 instead of the 8¾), it's original paint and interior were still in great shape, and I paid $1,600 for it.

I bought my 1987 Shelby GLHS new in November of 1986.

How many miles on the GLHS now?........These cars are sleepers!

Wish I had bought an '86 or '87 new back then. I didn't know they existed until 6 years ago.

72 Scamp(sig.pic.) 6 years 3 months
71 Duster 2 1/2 years( and it's only half done!)
72 Duster 7 months

1965 Cuda 360, since 1978
1974 Duster 440 since 1990
1989 Shadow super60 Turbo since 2001
1990 Lebaron 3.0 V6 since 2003
1991 Daytona CS Turbo since 2002
1996 Avenger 2.5 V6 since 1996
1999 Ram 360 since 1999

Tony Fields said:
How many miles on the GLHS now?........These cars are sleepers!

Wish I had bought an '86 or '87 new back then. I didn't know they existed until 6 years ago.

It just turned over 70,000, mostly in good weather. I have embarassed a lot of unsuspecting Chevy and Ford boys in it. Funny stuff.

I have owned my 72 Swinger for 3 months now. I WILL NOT sell it.
1975 Power Wagon 12 yrs.
Jeff

Bought new by my father in 71. Showroom floor, dont remember the dealership, but in Fontana CA.

lets see i will have owned my cuda for a year in march :headbang: i still own the dart which was my first car i've had that for o say 3 years or so, and it was setting in my backyard an additional 3-4 years prior to getting a new engine. my 75 dart sport i had for say 6 months sold it for 500 w/o motor and trans guy even pulled it for me haha. Id still be driving the dart today if i didnt have my car accident and burn it up :sad1: hopefully i will be able to drive the cuda before school ends, im crossing my fingers

Bought my 66 Barracuda from my grandfather in 1984. This was my first car at 15 and I still have it 22 years later.

-
Back