Ok, how long have you had your Mopar

-
triggerjay said:
Bought new by my father in 71. Showroom floor, dont remember the dealership, but in Fontana CA.

Hey Triggerjay i used to own a twin to your car,except for the wheels!
I drug it out from behind a barn where it sat for over 20 years.
215457567.jpg

Got my 65 Valiant in 1974, and raced it in NHRA Z/SA, untill 1977. Hopped up the little 170 at that time and continued to bracket race it. In 1979 added a turbo, and used it as a street/bracket car till 1985. Got tired of racing against computers, with a "REAL" race car (footbrake), and retired from racing at that time. In 2000, heard about the "Slant Six Racing Series" and pulled the drive train, from the car (got ratty sitting outside), an installed it in a 66 Cuda. I am currently refurbishing the 65 Valiant, and should have it back on the track in 2008 (slant powered of course).

EvilScamp, That pic made my heart drop! I see you got lots of good parts though.. the grille especially...

Triggerjay

I is interesting to see how long you guys have had your cars. I almost sold the Barracuda 4 years ago, and sure am glad I didn't. Was going through some real tough times, even had a friend say he would buy my 65 Dart vert which is a basket case. Still have it today and I got it 4 1/2 ago. Now just need to find the time to start on it.... I have also had my 82 Power Rame for 5 years and my 89 LeBaron Coupe for 2 years today.

Let's see here.
Bought my '71 Road Runner in 1983, so I've had i for 23 years.
Bought my '71 Dart Swinger in 1997, Originally a /6 and I Stuffed a 440 into it.
had it for 9 years now.
Bought my '72 Demon in 2002 I think. So I've had that 4 years and 3 engines.
I don't seem to get rid of many of my cars.

'71 Dodge Charger- 16 years (sold 2 months ago)
'86 Dodge Diplomat- 12 years (sold last year)
'73 Plymouth Roadrunner- 8 months (Hit by a truck and parted out)
'80 Dodge van- 2 years
'68 Valiant 100- 2 months and counting

Russ

I have had my 1974 Satellite Sebring Plus 340 for 14 years. It was my first car I bought and I was 16. I will never sell it! My dad has his very first car, a 1966 Barracuda Formula S 273 HP 4-speed he restored back in 1986. Merry Christmas!!

triggerjay said:
EvilScamp, That pic made my heart drop! I see you got lots of good parts though.. the grille especially...

Triggerjay

Yep lots of good parts grille,disc-brakes, interior trim,and would you believe an 8.75 3.23 sure-grip rear that is now in my 71 Duster.
The funny part is it was only a /6 with a 3-speed on the floor.

Was that a "twister" model? Ours has 10" drums on all fours, and a 318/727 combo. Had the a904 factory though. What year was it? Ours is a 71...

triggerjay said:
Was that a "twister" model? Ours has 10" drums on all fours, and a 318/727 combo. Had the a904 factory though. What year was it? Ours is a 71...

Yep same as yours a 71 Twister,also got a 70 Fury Grande coupe off the same guy,said he parked it because the trans. was bad.
The Fury was last inspected in '80 and the Duster was last inspected in '84 ,he didn't say why the Duster had been parked.
Here's another pic. of it.
216709140.jpg

I bought my 1965 Dart GT convertible in 1984 from the fifth owner. Shes a part of our family!

I've had a few Mopars
'90 Dodge Shadow (1st car) - 2 1/2 years
'95 Plymouth Neon - 8 years...the best car I've owned
'72 Plymouth Duster - it sat in the garage for a year...perfect body, totally rusted frame, sold for about $180.00 because I needed the cash :sad1:
'98 Dakota - 1 year
-enter baby....everyone said I needed a "family" car..so the Neon and Dakota were sold-
'02 Dodge Stratus - 15 months
'71 Plymouth Scamp - 9 months
'76 Dodge Dart - 4 months (donor car)
'84 Dodge Ram - just bought, also a donor, my friend blew up the small block he had built, so I bought for the parts that are still usable, plus gauges, wheels, tires, rearend chunk.

My husband has had three Mopars- trucks only. He prefers a Chevrolet but drives a Dodge truck for common sense, my dad has a Dodge truck salvage yard. In the 4 years we've been married we've had 17 cars come and go.

Sherry

got my '67 valiant 100 in early '02 with 31 k, and my '68 dart 2dr sedan with 80 k a year later.

'74 Duster.......18 long years.....car has always been driveable except when it got turned into a V-8 it was down for a few months then.
I got too much invested to get rid of it so it will be with me until I die I guess.
A few other mopars didnt hang around as long as the Duster.

-RPM

Bought my R/T in June of 1983. Right after I graduated from high school. We bought my son's Dart about five years ago.

Bought my 67 GT in July of '91,1 month after I turned 16.Drove it for 10 years before I pulled it apart to swap in a 4 spd. Found the floors had gotten nasty and a torsion bar mount had also gone south.Has been sitting since.Gotten distracted with other projects and daily's as well.Parts have been acquired and are waiting for her inevitable resurrection.I.E. the 4spd,balanced 340 short block,eddy heads and air gap intake,FLOOR PANS(!),draglites...Once I finally get my 70 Cuda sold back to my buddy,the Dart is ON!!!

Have had my dart for 10 years....found it in a barn.

Had a ( 71 ) 340 /6pack in it with the rear seals junk. 31,437 miles on it and hadn't been on the road for 14 years. car had been raced off and on in those 14 years. The guy I bought it from had only owned it for 4 years, had big plans for it but that just never happened.... I bought it and the rest is history now. Sold the 6 pack and some other things, had motor redone, painted ....Now it's my 2nd love .....behind my wife of course !!! but she does write all the checks out !!!!!!!! :angel13:

Have owned my 71 Duster since Oct 1 1971, going on owning it now for 37 years, been thru two marriages, 3 kids, 4 grandkids and its still going, Its been around the World with me during my 24 year Air Force career, Places like Holland, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Germany and many other places thru-out the US. Its now in total Restro-Mod gettig many upgrades, like Rally Dash, Bucket seats, Auto console and a Stroker motor, Its a dream come true to see it finally coming together and its been a one Man Band job, The body has been totaly Media blasted inside and out and has been taken aprart by me alone, its a slow process this way but very rewarding in the end.
Larry

i am not going to list all the mopars that ive owned (approx 75) just the ones i still own
1964 barracuda since 1992
1974 challenger since 1994
1970 a-100 p/u since 1994
1969 dodge dart since 1998
1964 belvedere since apr 2008
1970 dodge crewcab p/u since 2006
1971 dodge powerwagon since sunday 5-18-08

I got my first car in 1971. My 1964 Barracuda. It's in the garage now in prep for a littel restoration but has been operational the whole time!

I had my '65 Belvedere I for 10 years but never actually drove it - bought as a roller and never finished it before selling early this year.

Had a '67 Bel II, kept that for 2+ years. had a '72 W100 for 3 years and have now had my Valiant for 3 years.

Kinda high turnover for me. I'm always looking for something else. Now I'm looking for a Duster. Hopefully that will be it for a while, I've wanted one for a long time.

Have owned my 71 Duster since Oct 1 1971, going on owning it now for 37 years, been thru two marriages, 3 kids, 4 grandkids and its still going, Its been around the World with me during my 24 year Air Force ........by me alone, its a slow process this way but very rewarding in the end.
Larry

Larry (1st post) welcome to the site. You have any pics, maybe you can post em in the Welcome Wagon, this is the place to be for A body Mopar :cheers:

My chronology...

'73 Duster 340 - November 2005 to present (this was originally an investment, now I love way to much to ever sell it)
'72 Duster - July 07 to present (this was a b-day present to myself)
'73 Dart Sport - 1993 to 1995
'71 Challenger - 1991 to 1997
'77 Tradesman 200 Van - 1977 to 1998 (parents bought new in '77. That's what started the whole Mopar thing for me)

-
Back