Ok,my mum messed up my dads car....

-

nemesis

Reaction score
Hes on holiday,an didnt tell him,cuz hes gonna be pissed lol.
Problem at hand, is 20 ml of power steering fluid,into 30 litres
of petrol in the car. My lovely mother of mine,thought it was LEAD
REPLACEMENT. DUe to my dad tellling her its in the back seat of the
car. My mum,not reading the bottle,just poured away.

Now,will 20ml of power steering fluid destroy the motor?
What should i do?

I told her i dont know what to do,im getting on the net an
asking people who DO know lol.

Any advice fellas,curse my mum for putting me in a pickle!

No, it ain't gonna hurt the motor. It is just a little upper cylinder lube !!

:angry7:
Im not an expert but it should be ok, the fuel should dissipate it pretty good. It shouldnt hurt the engine at all. Somebody please chime in if I am totally off base.
Watch how you word things in the title or you will be spanked.

I have seen tec's poor it strait in an engine and pull the plug and spin it over.
You will be fine.

Just a heads up :read2: some one my ask you if you have some toilet paper for your language 8) You may want to edit your wording :read2: Thank you.

Oh relax about the language already,theres a problem at hand!

I cant edit the title..
The moderators can feel free to change it if they can!

Oh relax about the language already,theres a problem at hand!

I cant edit the title..
The moderators can feel free to change it if they can!

nemesis, I highly suggest you take a different approach to responding to other members when they are nicely trying to get a point across to you. If you want assistance with your "problem at hand", a little less arrogance might work well in your favor. Otherwise, we can place each of your requests in the electronic circular file (aka: trash) until we see a "kinder/gentler" nemesis.

nemesis, I highly suggest you take a different approach to responding to other members when they are nicely trying to get a point across to you. If you want assistance with your "problem at hand", a little less arrogance might work well in your favor. Otherwise, we can place each of your requests in the electronic circular file (aka: trash) until we see a "kinder/gentler" nemesis.

Well i didnt think it would offend just by saying the F
word,what can i say,bad habit :angel9:

Il will try to cut it out on the board when posting,
i only give a damn,because i like this forum, an we
all wanna get along,dont we?

I know i havent introduced myself properly still,
but im picking up my A body tommorow,an parking it right
next to my A body charger, take some pics,then show it
on here..

So at the problem at hand,its harmless you rekon guys?
20ml power steering fluid in the petrol?

If it were me, I would just top it off with fuel to dillute it as much as possible, then drive it with no worries. :cheers:

nemesis, I appreciate the response. And you are correct, keeping the peace on FABO is important to us all. Looking forward to seeing the pics of your cars and your introduction.

nemesis, I appreciate the response. And you are correct, keeping the peace on FABO is important to us all. Looking forward to seeing the pics of your cars and your introduction.
agreeed lol. i bet it wont hurt a thing and if anything might be sluggish till its gone so i guess you gotta drive it till the tank is empty lol :) where are you from?

If it were me, I would just top it off with fuel to dillute it as much as possible, then drive it with no worries. :cheers:

Same here. 20ml is just a drop in the bucket really and the ratio is 150:1 with 30 liters of fuel. Fill the tank and don't worry about it.

Thank you.:cheers:
Theres alot of good people on the board,
an a few that reallly know there stuff which is always a bonus!
Its funny,if something mopar related comes up,i dont call
anyone,i just get on here an ask away haha!

I wouldve posted pics ages ago when i joined but my computer doesnt
like reading my bigger portable hardrive,so what i have to do is put pics
offf the portable hardrive ONTO my ps3,then plug in my smaller portable
hardrive an an then save the pics to that,an THEN put it onto the computer.
Its a headcase lol.
But its a must, gotta add a face or car/s to the name right!?

Hey tyler!
im from australia.

Same here. 20ml is just a drop in the bucket really and the ratio is 150:1 with 30 liters of fuel. Fill the tank and don't worry about it.

Always apreciate your advice ramcharger!

Will do!:thumleft:

I dont mind though,at least i got blackmail
material now,so when my mum
comes back i can say hey dad,you know how you never let me
borrow your car...
Well MUM did THIS to it....

I would like to welcome you to this great site nemesis :cheers:
I sure do enjoy all our members from Australia, Yall have the coolest A bodies =P~ I sure like the Yuts yall have around the glob from me here in Arkansas:cheers:
We do have the best of the best tec's here and some good folks to, Me ,Not much of a tec But learning more and more everyday:happy10:

Only 20 ml? You can top it off with the rest of the bottle, add in some tranny fluid, engine oil, and then maybe the lead substitute. If it's a slant 6 or a small block it'll be fine!

Quick story: One time I guy I know with a slant 6 pickup was running low on fuel and he put in about 10 litres of diesel fuel by mistake. Before he started the truck I noticed his mistake and I laughed like an idiot for 10 minutes. Then I stopped laughing when he asked me for some cash so he could top off the tank with some gas. Well, he put in another 25 liters (gas this time) and it ran a little smokey for the next little while, but that slant burned off the diesel no problem. He was probably runing about 30 litres of gas to 10 litres of diesel that week.

Only 20 ml? You can top it off with the rest of the bottle, add in some tranny fluid, engine oil, and then maybe the lead substitute. If it's a slant 6 or a small block it'll be fine!

Quick story: One time I guy I know with a slant 6 pickup was running low on fuel and he put in about 10 litres of diesel fuel by mistake. Before he started the truck I noticed his mistake and I laughed like an idiot for 10 minutes. Then I stopped laughing when he asked me for some cash so he could top off the tank with some gas. Well, he put in another 25 liters (gas this time) and it ran a little smokey for the next little while, but that slant burned off the diesel no problem. He was probably runing about 30 litres of gas to 10 litres of diesel that week.

Yeh you cant kill a slant!

Problem is,this car is a GM.

Now thats a whole other can of worms lol.
:angry7:

Its a lil 253 v8.

Power steering fluid is is a petroleum based lubricant. Gas will dilute it. As an absolute worst case, it might give of the SLIGHTEST bit of smoke out the exhaust, but at the levels that you are are talking about, it will not be noticeable. Fill it up and run it, no harm will be done.

Ya'll can self police yourselves.we don't wan't to be like mopart's or yellow bucket.com It's more about being a website without all the bickering and fighting or being overly moderated.......a matter of ettiquette so to speak.We really do appreciate having members from all over the globe and wecome you to f.a.b.o. and thank's for all the kewl posting's nemisis you are in the right place for advice and family atmosphere and a whole lot more!!!! I will enclose a link for the rest that read this so they can lend a hand and Thank's for joining us here! http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=69949

-
Back