ok WTF

-

65DrtGT

Reaction score
so what is the tailhouseing lenth on a short shaft A833 mines like17" and tranny from front to rear is like 27" i got a feeling this tranny wont work in my 65Dartalso the x member mount is way in a different place than the 3spd i took out il plan on and have almost everything for Pistol grip set up but the 3spd sitting next to the 4spd aint EVEN the same also where (or what car)can i get a drop centerlink?? thanx guys

so what is the tailhouseing lenth on a short shaft A833 mines like17" and tranny from front to rear is like 27" i got a feeling this tranny wont work in my 65Dartalso the x member mount is way in a different place than the 3spd i took out il plan on and have almost everything for Pistol grip set up but the 3spd sitting next to the 4spd aint EVEN the same also where (or what car)can i get a drop centerlink?? thanx guys

Can't answer the question on the transmission or mount. Since you mention 65 Dart and dropped centerlink, you'd need one from a V8 65 or 66 A Body. I've heard that slant equipped 66 had them as well. In the morning I'll pop outside and take a look at the slant equipped 66 Barracuda and confirm that

I've take a lot at the centerlink on the slant 66 Barracuda I have and it's NOT the dropped version like the V8s have.

Didn't they use a short tailshaft on both manual and automatic transmissions in the A-100 pickups and vans?

65 drt gt what did you get the donor trany out of ?? if u nned measurements e mail me il measure an A body 4 speed that i have for an extra it is out of the car easilly accessable [email protected]

When I recently had the engine out of my 63 Dart, I mocked up a truck 833OD. Though I don't remember there being a crossmember issue, I did discover that a driveshaft from a 77 Volare (904 I think) came really close to fitting, was maybe 0.25" to 0.5" to long.

TopHat

65 dartman nice vert man got pic's /6 or 273

Thanks! Sorry, no other pics. It's a later slant 6 with a 3 on the tree. I've got a nice running stock 65 slant motor in front of an 833 waiting for it. I know I'm gonna change the stock 1 barrel for something - just haven't decided what yet. I've got a complete Offy dual single set-up, a virtually complete triple SU set-up and a virtually complete triple weber set-up. The later 2 really need upgraded cam, head work, exhaust, etc to really work right. Need to get the 340 motor finished for the Dart wagon first though. Too many projects.

-
Back