ol' slant is dead... need help!

-
let it sit over night new fluid 30.00 fire it back up way hard to kill a hill side hemi get another 1 if you have to there cheapor grab a 318 put in a new double roller timing chain and put another 75k on that while you build a nice 225 6 cylinder gl with it

Found out knocks CAN come and go cause the way the bearing was spun, it only sometimes knocks. Regardless, a rebuild is in order!
that's quite odd.

Honestly, here's what I would do. Get some or one of your car enthusiast buddies to help you find a good, used engine or find a local wrecking yard that pulls it for you and bribe your pals with some beer and swap the motors out. You learn a lil something, get your hands dirty, save some money, AND you get the satisfaction of driving your success around:glasses7:

that's quite odd.

Honestly, here's what I would do. Get some or one of your car enthusiast buddies to help you find a good, used engine or find a local wrecking yard that pulls it for you and bribe your pals with some beer and swap the motors out. You learn a lil something, get your hands dirty, save some money, AND you get the satisfaction of driving your success around:glasses7:

Actually P.G,not uncommon at all. Lost a rod bearing ,in a L18 Datsun(my fault). And agreed, with finding a used engine.....

I'll just pay the 2500 then cause I REALLY miss driving the dart!!
$2500 is to have your engine rebuilt, correct?

One concern is how they will re-use a block with a "spun bearing". Long ago (1994?), I exchanged my worn slant for a rebuilt long block at a big shop in Calabasas, CA. The receiving guy quickly removed the crankshaft on my old engine and checked for spun bearings. I understood that if even one had spun, the block was useless to them and I would have to pay the core charge.

let it sit over night new fluid 30.00 fire it back up way hard to kill a hill side hemi get another 1 if you have to there cheapor grab a 318 put in a new double roller timing chain and put another 75k on that while you build a nice 225 6 cylinder gl with it

ohyeahthatswhatilldoillspendalotoftimeandmoneyconvertingtoav8thenspendabunchmoretimecovertingbacktoaslant

Yeah I'm not converting... This is a cruiser not a hotrod... Its 1800 to rebuild at the shop then 500 for his labor and taxes and new fluids cones to about 2500 total

Found out after they rebuilt the whole motor and put it back in my 76, I was driving for almost a year on 5 spun bearings and the last bearing spun when I took that drive and overheated the motor.

Found out after they rebuilt the whole motor and put it back in my 76, I was driving for almost a year on 5 spun bearings and the last bearing spun when I took that drive and overheated the motor.
damn! Anyone that says the slant 6 is junk can kiss the darkest part of my Snow White arse!

Lmao! Just realized the computer auto caps "Snow White"

-
Back