Old BMX Stuff Wanted

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
it sucks that the same check book guys that ruined the car scene have also ruined the bmx scene. they caused the prices to go through the roof. thank god for http://www.porkchopbmx.com/ they repop all kinds if things for guys like me that actually want to use the bikes i build. they make it an affordable hobby. ofcourse the check book assholes don't like them..lol

the BMX museum forum is like moparts of the bmx community. a few good guys, way too many douchebags and way too many guys that only show their bike and never ride them.. what a joke...

I like where this thread is headed. However, it might be best moved out of the for sale section.

Here's a few pics of some of my goodies.

S&S Newporter 26"
sS.jpg

Replica of my childhood bike. Schwinn Mag Scrambler.
DSCN3621.jpg

My rider. Schwinn "old school style" 26"
DSCN3249.jpg

DSCN3244.jpg

To abodyjoe's comments. I ride about 20% of my bikes. The rest are too small for a 6ft. 3in dude to really enjoy. In addition, BMX forums are very much like every online forum. You've got the bad and the good, usually in proportion to society in general.

BMX forums are very much like every online forum. You've got the bad and the good, usually in proportion to society in general.

i was talking about the one site in general. that place is a joke man. tons of members but a real joke..

here are my 24" bikes...

been thinking of selling this one.. mostly original. someone changed out the original forks for the ugly crap thats on it now. chrome 24" threadless forks are a pain in the *** to find. i should really look a little harder i guess.

its a 90's Bontrager.. man it rides nice...

bikestuff011.jpg

july19027.jpg

july19026.jpg

here is my newest one.. its a 09 i think free agent. man is it comfortable and great to ride. all i want to do is change the gearing a little.. not enough top end for me.. :)

DSC_0288.jpg

i was talking about the one site in general. that place is a joke man. tons of members but a real joke..

I never spent time there. I spent most of my time, in the early days, at vintagebmx.com. I haven't been on an old school BMX site in a few years.

Nice Bontrager cruiser btw.

Oh yeah! I had a Cook Brothers until it got stolen, then a gold "Foiler" I think it was made by Alcoa or something. Had white ACS Z rims, freewheel rear sprocket, Shimano fingertip brakes, Snakebelly tires, Oakley grips, GT handlebars, Haro seat on a layback seat post, beartrap cast aluminum pedals, Tange 1 piece steel cranks (3piece would always come loose on me) Petes precision products front cog, 44-16 gearing and a tuff neck gooseneck. I think everything but the frame was hot, but after I got laughed off the local track riding a Huffy, I wasnt going back without a "real" bike. I think I had a neighbor in HB that was a Red Line backed rider. He was awesome, could bunny hop a shopping cart! Always had a very cool red and white redline bike, one side was red and one side was white and the forks were opposite. Would ride that bike everywhere because I loved to ride it. No video games back in the 80's for me! Good times....

The guys that lie about value to try to job you out of your stuff are the ones that bother me in ALL these arenas.

I've had some dealings in the bike area and it was fun to read the crying when the deal didn't go the low values guy way. Another guy got most of my stuff at 3x the first guys number and it was still about half of what I could have moved the stuff on the bay.

Oh yeah! I had a Cook Brothers until it got stolen, then a gold "Foiler" I think it was made by Alcoa or something. Had white ACS Z rims, freewheel rear sprocket, Shimano fingertip brakes, Snakebelly tires, Oakley grips, GT handlebars, Haro seat on a layback seat post, beartrap cast aluminum pedals, Tange 1 piece steel cranks (3piece would always come loose on me) Petes precision products front cog, 44-16 gearing and a tuff neck gooseneck. I think everything but the frame was hot, but after I got laughed off the local track riding a Huffy, I wasnt going back without a "real" bike. I think I had a neighbor in HB that was a Red Line backed rider. He was awesome, could bunny hop a shopping cart! Always had a very cool red and white redline bike, one side was red and one side was white and the forks were opposite. Would ride that bike everywhere because I loved to ride it. No video games back in the 80's for me! Good times....

Damn, sounds like a nice Foiler. If memory serves me, the foilers might have used Alcoa tubing, but were made by the same welders that did Race Inc, some of the rare Raleigh aluminum BMX frames, FMF, and SE Racing early frames.

The guys that lie about value to try to job you out of your stuff are the ones that bother me in ALL these arenas.

I've had some dealings in the bike area and it was fun to read the crying when the deal didn't go the low values guy way. Another guy got most of my stuff at 3x the first guys number and it was still about half of what I could have moved the stuff on the bay.

Just like with car parts or anything else for that matter, it's always up to the seller to know what he's selling. I have been the "nice guy" and let the buyer know he has a jewel and that he's asking too little. I'm also the last guy to pass up a good deal when I see it.

Hell, I even bought a Cook Bros off a homeless guy and gave him $350 (all the cash I had on me at the moment). See pic. As you can see, I was thrilled to get it.

CBR_FIND.jpg

I recently sold the CBR to buy rims and hubs for my Hutch XL24.

Only issue I have is when you ask what's it worth and you get a flat out BS. Sorry, you lose me when I get those answers especially when I have an inkling of actual value. I don't do that to others, don't like it done to me.

If that seat post clamp on the CBR bike is an original it's worth almost as much as the entire amount you paid... :) Nice buy on it for sure.

I always tell people that ask me there are three levels of pricing, move it now, hold it for a while and hold til you die.

Only issue I have is when you ask what's it worth and you get a flat out BS. Sorry, you lose me when I get those answers especially when I have an inkling of actual value. I don't do that to others, don't like it done to me.

If that seat post clamp on the CBR bike is an original it's worth almost as much as the entire amount you paid... :) Nice buy on it for sure.

I always tell people that ask me there are three levels of pricing, move it now, hold it for a while and hold til you die.

I love the feeling of saving bikes from almost certain scrapyard endings. That's the most fun for me. It's the same feeling I get when I buy cars sitting in back driveways on 4 flats rusting away. However, old BMX bikes are easier to store, fix and I love to look at em and ride em.

Unfortunately the seat post clamp is not a CBR clamp. I think it was a Tange. Here's another pic once I got it back to the car. Only high zoot stuff other than the f&f was the Pro Neck stem.

CBR_FIND2.jpg

I sold the bike for a little over $400 on ebay...which allowed me to buy some pretty sweet NOS chrome Araya 24s and chrome NOS Suzue hubs for the Hutch cruiser.

Made it out to the shed tonight... not a good pic, but a pic none the less...

Attachments

• fuji.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 237
My mom still has pics when i got my haro master for christmas 1980s.
I used to have a mongoose motomag,redline 500a,102b and some quadanlges with the standing gear forks. I still have a haro sport and saving it for my son.

Sweet! Post pics!

I just bought a Schwinn Predator Pit (atari graphics) for my daughter. Can't wait to restore it.

Nice Bikes, I had a nice chromed mongoose, a blue Haro. a red line. and one sweet GT pro performer lime green with blk splashed on it....gyro roto oh the goog ole 90's...man do I wish I has those Bikes today I gave them away to ex girl friends younger bro's... DUH

I've still got my '98 Raliegh MXR Pro that I had before I got my license in 2000. It jumped many a plywood ramp in its day!

I've also got a '74 Raliegh Sports 3spd cruiser that my dad bought new. They both are weathered and have some wear from use, but they're for riding, not show.

I still need to get a new Brooks saddle for the '74.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back