Old cops in Sweden.

-

Power

Reaction score
Nice Cars.

Attachments

• cops in sweden..jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 441
From 1966 up to 1976 the Chrysler agent in Sweden sold a lot of Valiants for police duty. What I know of is that there is just one 1972 Valiant police car that is restored. But they sure looks nice.

You mean they don't drive Saabs?

I do find that a little strange. In the U.S. and ESPECIALLY back then if a taxpayer supported agency had bought foreign vehicles, people would have raised hell.

Now we have bridges built in China and nobody cares

I hope they at least had 273 2-barrels in them, if not commandos.
I believe most of them were S6 cars, if not all of them.

They were kind of SAAB :D, since SAAB was the Chrysler dealer in Sweden at the time.

The pic must be from 1967 or later since they are driving on the right side.

Intersting............. years ago my Dept. was testing a Volvo for Volvo America which was assigned to me. Almost everywhere I went people were upset I wasn't driving an American car. I don't think most citizens like the idea of their tax dollars going to forgein businesses & I relly can't blame them.
As an aside to this, I didn't recall Mopar offering a police package in first generation (pre '66) A-bodies. What were the specs on 'em?

All of them had the 225 for reliabilty and fuel economy, suregrip and 10 inch brakes. All cars came equipped with Klippan seat belts. The later cars had Saab front seats too.

Just a standard 225. It did have the oil bath air cleaner and the oil filter cartridge.

In the 80's the AF base I lived next to had /6 Aspen SP cars.
The township had a fleet of 6 cyl Fairmonts...and ONE with a a 302.
Pretty sneaky.
The place in Kentucky that builds the toyota camry has camry cop cars.

We had Camry v6 cop cars,in Pismo Beach,Ca in 93.After 2 years,went back to Crown Vics.

-
Back