Old family photos

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Seeing as how everyone is getting a little older, I asked Mom to bring some old photos for us to flip thru at Christmas. Lori and I went and had some of them scanned today. Here are some of ours, there is even the odd Mopar in there too. Feel free to post up yours.

Dads high school football team (#23) holding football. Played offense AND defense. My football coach played on my dads team.
Me n my sister in the back of moms Toyape Corolla hatchback.
My Aunt Shirley and Uncle Don(white dress and grey suit) on their wedding day in the back of Grampas Fartngo(fargo) Diggin the mutton chops!

View attachment ps_2013_12_31___17_25_35.jpg

View attachment ps_2013_12_31___17_21_45.jpg

View attachment ps_2013_12_31___17_20_19.jpg

LOL, thats why I AINT posting pics of my teen years!! No one to blame but myself...:banghead:

Chicken.

dancing-chicken.gif

LMAO!

Guess I've posted this before..........This is me, spring of '70. I just bought this car in my home town in N Idaho, and was on my way to Miramar. This was taken at the amateur radio club on Treasure Island (San Francisco) I would have been 21 here, 22 in another month

Hams_011.jpg

The year before up the tower at K6NCG, 120 ft or so

Hams_018.jpg

This tower.........

Tower_001.jpg

The 63 Chev sometime at Miramar at our shop. This was out beside the runways. The Lemans belonged to a guy named Phil Headley (spelling) I'd sure like to find him if he's still kickin' he was a good guy

attachment.jpg

Original owner of my 70 440-6 car, my all-time favorite car. If I could afford it I'd have another. He's just got a trophy in PR at Lions I think. This is George, K7WWA. STILL HAS his original call, and I'm sure, license plates as well. The car still had the black steelies on at this time.

attachment.jpg

These old photos are all washed out. Me with the 70 such that it is

attachment.jpg

A really bad photo of the 70. Those are 4537 aircraft landing lights down in the bumper. It would have had the 340 in by now, either 73 or 4

81sruds.jpg

The 340 just after going into the 70. The beat up aluminum valve covers I had on the Dart went on this engine after I got a little more money. I've had those valve covers all these years.

attachment.jpg

A day working on cars at our Miramar RADAR shop

From left, one of our shop pickups, a Cuda or Challenger of I know not who, a Poncho Ventura? (Chevy Nova) of Nelson, one of my work mates

Next, my old black 64 Dodge 426, a friend's 68 RR, and my Limelight '70 at far right

Normally, you are not allowed to work on vehicles "on base" except for the auto hobby shop, but our RADAR division had permission to do so. Our shop was out near "Queen six" on the runways, and there wasn't much out there. Our workday was a normal day plus overnight every third day, so called "24 on and 48 off" which is what most all GCA RADAR units used.

attachment.jpg

Very cool pics Del, thanks for posting! I do remember you posted them, but its nice to see them again!

Here is a couple more with Mopars!!
1st pic, my moms side of the family(and my dad) at my Aunt Shirleys wedding. Im the little squirt with the tie on. Mom and Dad are directly behind me. Grampas Fargo is in the foreground.

My mom on the right and her friend Claire on the left sitting on the back of Mom n Dads 65 Valiant.

View attachment ps_2013_12_31___17_24_21.jpg

View attachment ps_2013_12_31___17_24_00.jpg

a few of mine... wish i was at home. have some old *** pics of my grand mother on the ac boardwalk in the 1930's....

Cool pics Joe, 67 Coronet?? I had and still have curly hair, do you know how hard I tried to part my hair like yours??? LOL

Cool pic Rani!! Where is that? And is that you n Dad??

no, not my dad .....he is my dad's childhood friend, they used to be neighbors when they were kids.....this man never had kids but was married but he used to take me places and introduce me as his kid to some people. The location is his home state of Punjab, India and that is a Temple. that is a day and half train ride from where I lived ...I don't remember why I went with him at that time but I remember having a lot of fun there running around and messing with their "holy water" and thinking it was funny. Him and his wife are very nice people I still keep in touch with today, which is why I keep this pic with me always.

it is amazing how old fashion pics from the late 80s early 90s are looking now ....the pic I posted is early 90s ...I was born in 1986 and I don't know how old I was there but I remember it was early 90s and the pic looks sooooo old fashion compared to the new cameras and digital this and that we have now.

.and dad and his '58 Impala

was that a 2 door post or 4 door and did it have a 348 (if you can remember that)

those are some sweet looking cars ....there are of those local to me but for some reason a lot of them are turned into "low-riders" which I don't understand because they are sooooo nice in original form.....that was sure when they knew how to build a substantial car in those days.

was that a 2 door post or 4 door and did it have a 348 (if you can remember that)

those are some sweet looking cars ....there are of those local to me but for some reason a lot of them are turned into "low-riders" which I don't understand because they are sooooo nice in original form.....that was sure when they knew how to build a substantial car in those days.

Agreed Rani! Nice to see other pics of it if you have any?? I believe the 348 or 409 may have came with triple deuces

Agreed Rani! Nice to see other pics of it if you have any?? I believe the 348 or 409 may have came with triple deuces

I was thinking the 348 was available with 3 deuces also ....but im no Chebbie expert. LOL

that would be rare to have three deuces anything on a post car ....from what I can see ...looks like either a 4 door or 2 door post (looks like a frame around the window on the door he has open)

I have posted these before but here is my mom and Dad before me ! (my dad called it "the good ol' days" lol) Dad died in 2004 he was a great guy..and dad and his '58 Impala

You have a TV show family there.

its was (and still is) a 2 door post with a 348 3 deuce set up ..we still have the car it is in Kansas .. I might have more pics of it somewhere I have a great one of him and his collage buddies with but i dont know where it is

-
Back