Old family photos

-
ok so digging through my pic on my external hard drive i found one more of the '58 this was taken in 2000 or 2001 in Kansas during a family get together ..this is the only other photo i found of it..and im pretty sure its dads car because the pic was titled "dads58" lol

View attachment 12Dads58.jpg

Seeing as how everyone is getting a little older, I asked Mom to bring some old photos for us to flip thru at Christmas. Lori and I went and had some of them scanned today. Here are some of ours, there is even the odd Mopar in there too. Feel free to post up yours.

Dads high school football team (#23) holding football. Played offense AND defense. My football coach played on my dads team.
Me n my sister in the back of moms Toyape Corolla hatchback.
My Aunt Shirley and Uncle Don(white dress and grey suit) on their wedding day in the back of Grampas Fartngo(fargo) Diggin the mutton chops!

Steve, almost the exact same scenario here except it was just before my Mother and Father passed away.
There are pictures of motorcycles and cars and even 6th or 7th generation back blacksmith shop that one of my relatives operated.
My Dad looks like James Dean on his Harley when he was 21.

ok so digging through my pic on my external hard drive i found one more of the '58 this was taken in 2000 or 2001 in Kansas during a family get together ..this is the only other photo i found of it..and im pretty sure its dads car because the pic was titled "dads58" lol

thats a hard top ...that is sooo nice looking...Black and chrome go good together on a car

Gorgeous car!! One of my Dads all time favorites!

Steve, almost the exact same scenario here except it was just before my Mother and Father passed away.
There are pictures of motorcycles and cars and even 6th or 7th generation back blacksmith shop that one of my relatives operated.
My Dad looks like James Dean on his Harley when he was 21.

I have lots more pics I wanna scan from my Gramma and Mom and Dad. I dont wanna take for granted the photos will be around to look at. Thank god for technology.

Soooo are you at the front?? Anymore pics of the girl in the red tube top??:blob:

Cool thread here. My Mom still has most of them, but I think I can dig a few out. I'll do some scanning tomorrow.....not that you'll really want to see any of um'...lol.

thats a hard top ...that is sooo nice looking...Black and chrome go good together on a car

Yes, that's a real first-year impala! Those (I believe) have actually surpassed '57's in value......and I notice that that one has the rear wheel skirts and the dual fakey exhaust tips. That's bad-***! I especially love the tri-tone interiors on those years! '58's are really cool. First year of the big block, yes, 348.

I'm far from a Chevy fan, but I always thought the '58 was more attractive than the '55-'57s that are so popular. Unfortunately, being a first year and ultimately a one year design, they suffered problems and most owners got rid of them rather soon. If they came with a small block and PowerGlide, they were mechanically okay, but the 348 was troublesome and the optional TurboGlide quickly earned the nickname "TroubleGlide".

FWIW, those fender skirts that extended to the bumper were known as "Cruiser skirts", as they were styled after the factory skirts that came on the '57 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser.

Yes, that's a real first-year impala! Those (I believe) have actually surpassed '57's in value......and I notice that that one has the rear wheel skirts and the dual fakey exhaust tips. That's bad-***! I especially love the tri-tone interiors on those years! '58's are really cool. First year of the big block, yes, 348.
Dad paid $50 for the car in 1967 from a friend of the family and spent most of high school adding parts to it ..I only rode in it a few times as it set in storage for the most part ..After Dad died in 2004 Mom sold it to her Sister and brother in law and they still have it

Here is a pic from 1980, Dad was the President of Stayner Minor Hockey. As guest speakers he had Leafs legend Johnny Bower and Referee Leon Stickle.
Dad is in the tan corduroy jacket...he made it look damned good! Johhny is on Dads right and Leon is on Johnny's right. Quite an achievement for a town of 2000 people.
Dad made me extremely proud that day.
I actually was able to muster up the nerve to ask Johnny a question...LOL

2nd pic is of Dad fishing the summer of 2013. Last time he was ever out fishing.
RIP
Love you Dad

View attachment Stayner awards banquet (Medium).jpg

View attachment ps_2014_02_25___16_13_15 (Medium).jpg

So cool Steve! That pic with the large mouth is priceless. :thumleft:

Thanks Rick, my cousin Pete is behind Dad. My uncle Ron and Rons grandson were all out and had a great day!
One of my favorite pics, and I just got it a couple weeks ago.

Cool pics Joe, 67 Coronet?? I had and still have curly hair, do you know how hard I tried to part my hair like yours??? LOL

lol.. on the hair..

yes that was my parents 67 coronet. my grand father ordered it and it came the wrong color or something and he didn't want it so they bought it. mom wrecked it in a head on collision. had to be early 70's i guess because i remember getting a new 74 4 door green dart. i assume that replaced the coronet. i'll have to ask mom and dad about it..

Old pictures are so cool. All I have on the computer are car related pics.

Here are my grandparents on their wedding day....standing in front of grandpa's Hudson.
1939001.jpg

Here's my uncle washing my dad's Challenger in 1975...right before my parents got married.
1975001.jpg

Challenger in 1973 parked in front of my grandparents house.(all the kids took pictures of their new cars in front of the house)
challenger73002.jpg

40 years later in 2013, I drove the car back to my grandparents house. The new owners were nice enough to let me take some pictures.
102013006_zps32359bec.jpg

102013009_zpsc176f352.jpg

My uncle's 74 Dart Sport in front of my grandparents house.
1974001.jpg

74 Dart Sport my uncle bought last year after seeing how my Challenger turned out.
Dart3_zps2a47b9de.jpg

A couple months later when someone ran a stop sign and hit the Dart. It's too bad...he was really enjoying it.
P70701462_zps995f477f.jpg

P70701482_zps76b40c70.jpg

Uncle's Magnum back in 78 or 79. He traded in the Dart Sport on this car.
charger002.jpg

Cool pics!
Joe, I had a 67 Coronet for a few years...loved that car!

Burdar, very cool to see "then and now" pics of the chally!! Too bad about uncles Dart, looked sharp!

Mobile, is the 67 in the 1st pic the same one that's doing the burnout?? Great family pic too!!

Cool pics!
Mobile, is the 67 in the 1st pic the same one that's doing the burnout?? Great family pic too!!

The 67 in the first pic, in partial primer, is the car in my avatar.
Here's a few more pics and one of me painting it!

The one in my signature doing the burnout is my current project

View attachment '67 Cuda[2].jpg

View attachment Barracuda_trunk.jpg

View attachment scan0007.jpg

View attachment scan0046.jpg

View attachment scan0011.jpg

View attachment scan0012.jpg

these are some of my uncles racing
this my uncle Ron at Tri City Drag Way near saginaw Mich.
uncle-ron-doing-burn-out-at-tri-city-drag-way.jpg

this is my uncle Benny racing his camaro not sure where
34317_131695100196101_1677868_n.jpg

and this is a pic of a plane landing at tricity air port why they were racing at tricity airport
1269277_523216481089455_1880700139_o.jpg

-
Back