Old family photos

-
Here's a pic of my Great Grandparents on the homestead in the eastern townships of Quebec Canada... makes me proud to know how they enjoyed life without all our trappings... no laptop in sight, just the stove... outdoors eh... can you imagine that in the winter... on a side note my Grandma Vera their daughter traveled the world after being brought up there.

View attachment scan0001.jpg

View attachment meGrandmaTonyMom.jpg
me Grandma Brown, brother Tony and Mom

View attachment meTony.jpg
me and big brother tony

View attachment at17.jpg
me at 17 just graduated HS

View attachment MomDad4ofus.jpg
me sitting on dads lap with sisters, brother and mom

View attachment Working.jpg
me out plowing snow probably around 1977 or 78

View attachment Meloading.jpg
looks like I'm getting ready to blow something up..... LOL

pictures of me thru the years and for some reason mom like to put bow ties on me

Sure hope you still have the Judge!!! Nice looking GTO!!!

I veer to the otherside once in a while.

Sadly I sold the GTO back in 1995. I wasn't prepared to park it outside for another snowy winter - that was just heartbreaking!

Now I have my Dart, A 2003 350Z and a 2010 Honda Fit as my daily. :)

Here's a picture of us from Talledega 1988 with the Daytona/Superbird Auto Club parade lap. Everyone in the picture is family... now.

the guy on the left is Jerry, one of our friends from high school. My brother finally married his sister about 10 years after this (now divorced - but they have a daughter together). So Jerry is now my brother in law.

Then is my brother, dad, me, and cousin Pete.

View attachment Sprbrd Tall A01 C2.jpg

Here is a picture of me and my first Dalmatian at bedtime when I was young. She always went to bed like this with me. Her body would be under the covers and her head was next to mine on the pillow. Our other Dalmatian slept at my feet on the bottom of the bed.

She took care of me as if I was her own puppy. Whenever I got hurt with a skinned knee or arm, I would cry to her and she would lick my tears off of my face until I stopped crying. Then I would give her a big hug and kiss and tell her that I loved her. She started my loyalty to Dalmatians. She was the pick of the litter for the Hawaiian Crown Jewel Dalmatians born July 9, 1965 and was a birthday present from my mom to my dad while he was stationed in Pearl Harbor while serving in the Navy. Notice the diamond shaped spots around her eyes.

View attachment Bedtime.jpg

Here is our other Dalmatian that used to sleep at my feet. She was only 38 lbs, but could jump. She could track a fly for a few minutes, then jump a few feet in the air to catch it mid flight and eat it. She also was good at jumping/climbing fences. She once climbed over an 8 foot chain link fence. My dad used to say that she had springs for back legs.

View attachment Pepper.jpg

Cool pics n stories Karl! So did the Dalmation take the blame when ya wet the bed??
Cute pups n cute kid by the way

Cool pics n stories Karl! So did the Dalmation take the blame when ya wet the bed??
Cute pups n cute kid by the way

No, that was all me. :cheese:

The kid was me. Thanks.

Here's a story about those pups and our cats:

After dinner, we would put our plates on the kitchen counter, and mom would take care of them later before she went to bed. We had 2 cats and the 2 Dalmatians at the time. Once in a while, the cats would jump on the counter and clean scraps off the dinner plates. The dogs would "catch" them and bark to rat them out. Until....

One day dad walked into the kitchen and saw both cats on the counter eating scraps off of the dinner plates, then they would knock some of the food off of the plates for the dogs, so they wouldn't rat them out. Kinda like bribing/paying them off for their silence. The dogs and cats joined together for a conspiracy to eat the left over food off of the plates.

Me in my 73 Road Runner around 1987. I bought that car from a kid I went to high school with for $75. It needed a motor. The picture was taken just before I did a burn out in front of the parents house. My mom came out yelling at me for all the tire smoke blowing into the house lol

View attachment image.jpg

That's almost a Daisy Duke car khaley!!!!! She had a 74!!!! Both Yellow and same stripping too!

What was in powering your burnout?

Going thru some more old family
pics and came across newspaper clipping Dad saved from his 1st accident. Date on pic is May 1961. Look at the amount of chrome on the Pontiac lol.
Pic of me and my sister in the house Dad and Mom were building. My sister's birthday.
Newspaper ad from 1971 for wrestling, midgets too!

20190222_231153.jpg

20190222_231212.jpg

20190222_231256.jpg

20190222_220907.jpg

My grandpa was the baddest dude ever.

He was a vet, married his high school sweetheart and taught me dam near everything I know.

RIP paps.

20190222_210342_zps1k5h5y1c.jpg

20190222_210335_zpstdf8p03x.jpg

20190222_210347_zpscs5qd3mv.jpg

I miss you every day.

This is my family in 1978, I'm on the far right. I took my drivers test in that 73 GMC. 2nd picture me going to the prom in 1982. 3rd picture me with my 69 charger in 1993.

imagejpeg_0_4.jpg

IMG_20190223_000204.jpg

IMG_20190222_235903.JPG

look closely.....:)

20180614_172312.jpg

<<spoiler>> this was a movie shoot on my corner with a 57 Ford and a 65 Barracuda as a prop. Notice my kids velcro shoes! I shot it in 2018 with a sepia filter. Ironically I owned both of these models in my life!

-
Back