Old Gas Station Pictures

-
Very cool. I like the one about half way down, not sure what type of car it is, Caddy maybe? 1938 plate on it, there's a guy filling the tank, another checking tire pressure, another cleaning the windshield and a guy looks like he's buffing the side hood trim. Now that's service :D

Very cool! I would love to run an old 60's style gas station. Those days are gone, but there are a few of them around if you look. I like to know more about the pic of the parking lift! thats very interesting.

I like the one with the sign try 10 percent corn alchol that appears to be from the mid-30`s

This is a service station about 30 miles from me. I remember it growing up , it was a land mark for years. It shut down in the 70's ,became a historical land mark and was moved and restored in the 90's.

Attachments

• 049 (640x360).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 441
  • 047 (640x360).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 416
Yup. When I was a kid in HS in the early 70's we had to wash the windshield and check the oil if the driver wanted. $2.50 / hr and they were making brand new hemi Challengers. That is what I call back in the day.

Here is one that's located in Bedford, PA. This is a pic as it looks right now and is still in business. It's cool to see a few of them survived.

Attachments

• dunkles-art-deco-gas-station-gulf-bedford-pa-deluxeville.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 375
Very cool indeed.

My grandfather was the proprietor of a Shell gas station in Detroit (Gratiot and Sanford (if I remember correctly)) for 45 years. He helped design "his" gas station with the corporate "big wigs". He retired in 1972 when I was 12. I remember many Saturdays at "the station" as a kid. When he passed away, in 1998, there were literally hundreds of former customers and several surviving former employees that had come to pay their respects to old "Kretsch".

Good times!!

Thanks for the link! I love these type of picture's of old gas stations. My favorite would have to be the station with the big Good-Year neon signs. I bet that looked nice all lit up at night.

Great pics I remember those days of full service stations worked at one on 9 mile rd and gratiot back in the day,

Yup. When I was a kid in HS in the early 70's we had to wash the windshield and check the oil if the driver wanted. $2.50 / hr and they were making brand new hemi Challengers. That is what I call back in the day.

Brings back so many memories. I did it 66-68 and that's were I saw my first "first gen" Charger with a hemi, and checked and put air in a lot of tires etc. A lot of gear heads hung out at our station or worked there. Yep, full service.

I wish I could go back in time to those days sometimes. life was so much simpler back then.

Love the pics.
Brings back a lot of good old memories here.
My first paying job was at a gas station when i was 16.

gas24.jpg

This is down on Escondido Blvd. Nothing in this picture is there anymore (except for the mountains in the background). The Chevron and the bowling alley are both condos now. There's a Rite-aid where that 76 was. On the far side of where the blue Dodge pickup is there's a Sushi Yama.

Very cool! I would love to run an old 60's style gas station.

Hey Vitamin c, if you're serious the Cucamonga Service Station is still standing near the intersection of Archibald and Foothill in Rancho Cucamonga (SoCal).

View attachment gas9.jpg

Here's a link to a story about it and what it looks like today:

http://www.route66ca.us/

The "Cucamonga Garage" building behind the service station suffered a roof collapse and was just torn down in 2012.

Inland Mopars Car Club meets not far from there. Our next club meeting is next Sunday morning (01/06/13); I'll try and get some current pics and post them here.

Hey Vitamin c, if you're serious the Cucamonga Service Station is still standing near the intersection of Archibald and Foothill in Rancho Cucamonga (SoCal).

View attachment 1714578906

Here's a link to a story about it and what it looks like today:

http://www.route66ca.us/

The "Cucamonga Garage" building behind the service station suffered a roof collapse and was just torn down in 2012.

Inland Mopars Car Club meets not far from there. Our next club meeting is next Sunday morning (01/06/13); I'll try and get some current pics and post them here.

I always wondered where Cucamonga was. When I was a kid thats where my perants were going to send me if I didn't straiten up. Thats cool I could have hung out there.

-
Back