Old Movies

-

Steve welder

Reaction score
I watched "Serpico" last night. Great movie, lots of old cars, Pacino was terrific.
Really captured what NYC was like in the early seventies
I like watching the old movies from time to time, im trying to locate the "7 ups" but can't seem to find it
what's your favourites

Edited... Found the seven-ups, watching that tonight

Last edited:
The original ‘Flight Of the Phoenix’ with Jimmy Stewart Was MUCH better than the remake !!! I would like to see the original ‘Catch 22’ again.
Yote

African Queen with Katharine Hepburn, I still have a crush on her.

I like the old Vincent price horror movie & any 60s 70s b- horror

I watch more old movies than recent movies. Lots of '40s and '50s stuff, no horror (bores me to death - pun intended). Anything late '60s/early '70s that might have cars in them. Was watching a Columbo earlier this evening. Golf pro had a '71 Challenger R/T convertible with luggage rack. No view of the entire car. Same episode had a '63-ish imperial in a shop. Still looking for anything filmed around SF Chinatown in 1970/71...My GTS lived at 513 Bush in SF those years, right across the street from Chinatown Dragon's Gate.

I watched "Serpico" last night. Great movie, lots of old cars, Pacino was terrific.
Really captured what NYC was like in the early seventies
I like watching the old movies from time to time, im trying to locate the "7 ups" but can't seem to find it
what's your favourites

Edited... Found the seven-ups, watching that tonight
IMHO: The car chase in 7Ups is better than Bullitt

In my dvr:
Doctor Strangelove.
Some like it hot
Rear window
Charade
Bringing up baby
The Falcon takes over (Raymond Chandler take-off)
The third man
The long riders (real life brothers as real life brothers James and Youngers)
L.A.Confidential
The great race
The big sleep
The Maltese falcon.
And about thirty others, a little more modern, but not much. John Wick, Bournes, etc.
For a 62 Mopar lover like me, gotta see "it's a mad mad mad mad mad world!"

Im not alone thank god im born 1966 and groing up it was a lot of old movies on the tube we hade one chanel and friday was movie night my favorite actors are Greta Garbo Ingrid Bergman hell almoste all the old actors from the 30-50s call it nostalgia if you want

In my dvr:
Doctor Strangelove.
Some like it hot
Rear window
Charade
Bringing up baby
The Falcon takes over (Raymond Chandler take-off)
The third man
The long riders (real life brothers as real life brothers James and Youngers)
L.A.Confidential
The great race
The big sleep
The Maltese falcon.
And about thirty others, a little more modern, but not much. John Wick, Bournes, etc.
For a 62 Mopar lover like me, gotta see "it's a mad mad mad mad mad world!"

I love Wick and Bourne. Here's a couple if you haven't seen them.
'Breezy'. Not his best, but I love Holden and this one is entertaining for sure.
'Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House' is entertaining. Cary Grant.

I love Wick and Bourne. Here's a couple if you haven't seen them.
'Breezy'. Not his best, but I love Holden and this one is entertaining for sure.
'Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House' is entertaining. Cary Grant.
Best line in Wick: Oh.
Best line in Bourne; get some rest Pam, you look tired. (Or: Easy, she's standing right next to you.)

Any Frankenstein, Dracula or Sherlock Holmes.
Our last GS was named Bela Lugosi.
New one is Boris Karloff.
Next one will be Basil Rathbone.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Turner Classic Movies, the guy may be a jerk, but I appreciate his channel. Really like old movies from the "golden age" and beyond.

Treasure of Sierra Madras ..Bogart (and most Bogart movies)
Shootist .... Wayne
The Verdict ...Newman
The Day the Earth Stood Still ...klaatu barada nikti
Ben-Hur ...... 4 horse chariots
Shadow of a Doubt ....Cotton
Midnight Cowboy ... Hoffman
Sunset Blvd. ...Holden
Body Heat ...W. Hurt
Rear Window ... Stewart
My favorites were the first two Godfathers for sure, and then Gladiator, but they're more "recent" ..Could list many, many more, due to the state of the country the last two years. I've watched too many, but I like good movies anyway.

I really like old westerns, too many to name, and always like it when I come across one I either haven't seen or don't remember that turns out to be a gem.

There are quite a few, but unfortunately, many are "not on" the Roku "free" stuff.

The original ‘Flight Of the Phoenix’ with Jimmy Stewart Was MUCH better than the remake !!! I would like to see the original ‘Catch 22’ again.
Yote
HULU has a remake of "Catch 22" that's pretty good. It is not a so much a remake rather than a different version of the book. Keep your mind open, you'll enjoy it more.
I've gotten to where I watch reuns of Barney Miller and other 70's sitcoms on Antenna TV instead of the crap that's been on lately.
Just can't get into the Olympics at all.

I love movies. But not big on real old movies. But my favorite real old movie is ...No time for Sergeants starring Andy Griffith. I think it is early 1960's and the series Gomer Plye USMC was based off this movie. It is a really good funny movie. I also like old Jerry Lewis movies..

-
Back