Old pictures type of day

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hard to believe this was around 47 years ago.

92C2EC9D-12B7-42D9-A8B5-A25C3F7E97CF.jpeg

8217D7FE-EC53-4958-B130-DDDB30A8AD3F.jpeg

031F720A-FADC-4983-AFDA-C9F340ED4E23.jpeg

C30007C9-CCAE-473A-9E91-0BC96C357F46.jpeg

A185E947-073C-45D2-AA6A-E8D82B22A8A6.jpeg

3404A42F-7B71-472D-939E-52E8ABA7F5F6.jpeg

A85AD181-07B2-4C0B-94F2-C8E7DC1022A1.jpeg

Back in the day when towing your Mopar to the race track with a 1972 Olds Cutlass was the cool thing to do.... lol

Awesome pics John. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
You've been at this for a long time. I love old drag racing photos. Looks like that Duster could rip! 65'

Do I see "slapper bars" in one of those pics? I got my *** briefly chewed by a "Mopar Guy" for having Lakewoods on my Swinger...:)

and PBR thanks for sharing I miss the old days and I'm a bit younger was 8 in 77 LOL!

Do I see "slapper bars" in one of those pics? I got my *** briefly chewed by a "Mopar Guy" for having Lakewoods on my Swinger...:)

and PBR thanks for sharing I miss the old days and I'm a bit younger was 8 in 77 LOL!

Good eyes. Yes before I bought super stock springs it did have slapper bars and a Direct Connection pinion snubber. Lol

I have a few pictures from the same time frame. The first picture is our annual awards banquet. I am on the far right. I am on the left in the second picture.:lol:

Dragway park.jpg

Button.jpg

Last edited:
Me and my 73 340 Charger about 1981 in the high school auto shop. Dig the awesome bias plys. LOL
ME & CHARGER.jpg

PBR so how did it work in the ol ddays, say 1977 your Duster was what 6 or 7 years old? how much did the car set ya back back then? I notice from watching old TV shows such as Starsky and Hutch that a 6 or 7 year old car in the 70s was a beat old used car. I saw an episode of season 1
of Starsky and Hutch and there was a 67 camaro with primer spots I said to the wife "the car is 8 years old here and look at it..." I do remember my mom buying a 66 Chevelle 2 door in 77 cost her $550...

PBR so how did it work in the ol ddays, say 1977 your Duster was what 6 or 7 years old? how much did the car set ya back back then? I notice from watching old TV shows such as Starsky and Hutch that a 6 or 7 year old car in the 70s was a beat old used car. I saw an episode of season 1
of Starsky and Hutch and there was a 67 camaro with primer spots I said to the wife "the car is 8 years old here and look at it..." I do remember my mom buying a 66 Chevelle 2 door in 77 cost her $550...

Out of school I applied at the local steel mill for a job and several other places. I got a job at a high volume gas station and one of my customers would come in with this black 1972 (340) 4 speed duster. I told him if he every wanted to sell it I wanted it. In 1975 I bought it for 1650.00 without even driving it. I bought the red 1972 cutlass in those pictures the same way.

Last edited:
LOL! I pumpe dgas also in high school I was probably among some of the last full service gas station workers befor Pa switched to self serve but yes in the mid 80s there were still alot of nice late 60s cars around on the street. I remember a woman used to come in regularly with a 68 GTO convertible... Being around gas stations plus auto shop in vo tech probably why i ended up wrenching for a good number of years LOL! It was a good time for me I worked on both carburetors and was there for the fuel injection switchover LOL! I understand both enough to work on them LOL! I do remember in the late 70s people were bailing on v8 cars and they were inexpensive because of the gas shortages etc. I dint drive then but remember my mom could have picked up a Charger with a 440 real cheap but stayed away cause "its a gas hog..." I think she ended up with a 74 Comet with a 6 cylinder LOL!

"These are the good old days" Makes me home sick for Southwest Pa.
Especially on a week like now when its 117* IN THE SHADE !!

We met Linda at the Sema show in November, and she was just at Carlisle this weekend signing autographs.

Happy times.
I bet it seems like it was just yesterday.
I does for me when I look at old pictures.
If only I could trade today for yesterday, it was a way cooler time.

Happy times.
I bet it seems like it was just yesterday.
I does for me when I look at old pictures.
If only I could trade today for yesterday, it was a way cooler time.

Not one single regret on the getting older thing. We lived in the best of times because we worked hard and made it the best of times. Work hard play harder.

Not one single regret on the getting older thing. We lived in the best of times because we worked hard and made it the best of times. Work hard play harder.
Oh I don't regret getting older, hell I retired two times in my life once at age 38 and the final time at 52.
I have the money and toys, but I can't play as hard as I use to. just ask my wife. lol
When I look at your scrawny girlfriend/ wife in the photo it reminds me of mine, except she has red hair and ain't so scrawny now. although I'm very fit and still good looking. :lol:

-
Back