Old to B Bodies New to A Bodies

-

Dubob

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello to all. I am the proud new owner of a 71 Demon. I have dealt with several B Bodies over the years and am getting back into the Mopers after a few rough years. This is my first A Body and as I am learning there are definitely some differences. The car has had quarters, floors, and trunk replaced. Mini tubbed and had the frame tied. It started life as an H1B car but that is long gone. I plan on putting a 440 in as I have a couple around. I know I will definitely have some questions and will definitely appreciate help.

Here is what I have. Diamond in the rough! Threw one in of my dads B Body! Hope you don't mind.

Attachments

• a 1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 194
  • a2.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 180
  • a3.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 204
  • a4.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 181
  • a6.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 188
  • a7.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 179
  • a8.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 183
  • b1.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 195
Planning on going back with the original GB7 dark blue metallic. I may also go back with the stripes, the originals by the fender tag were white but I am debating on the stripes being black just not sure they may be too subdued that way.

Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here.
Post up more pics as you progress with your project.

Welcome to FABO

Looks like you scored a great basis for your car project. You Dad's car is great.

Enjoy the site. Lot's of good people here

Attachments

• DSC06158.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 112
vbpicgallery.php

is it this color

Welcome!!! What are your plans besides a 440 for your demon? pro street, pro touring, nice cruiser??? Perfect car for just about anything imo!

We have a couple things in common as I was driving B bodies exclusively and now have a 72 demon..last A body I had was in 66...as in 1966. I've seen the 440's in A bodies and hang witha mopar builder of some 45 years and I'm leaning towards stroking a 400 rather than a 440. It's narrower and lighter and there are kits for 512 cubes. Food for thought.

-
Back