Old v new, which is better?

-

TimDart

Reaction score
Guys, some opinions please. I've been looking at a clean 1966 Baracuda Formula S. I have a tatty but sound 1974 Dart Sport with a 360 drivetrain in it. Which car do i keep/go for? Can't make up my mind!
The Barracuda has originality and style, but The Dart has power and attitude :scratch: I can only have one car!

Hi Tim
I have saved my 65 Barracuda all these years because see means something to me deep down. When I am driving her I am transported back to 1967 and on my way to the warm southern California beaches with Van Morrison and Jefferson Airplane playing on the radio. Life is long but youth is fleeting, assess which one means the most and then find a way to save both.

I know what you mean paul, wise words! My wife reminded me of just how much time and personal effort (And cash) have gone into the Dart to make it mine. maybe the grass just seems greener somedays :love4: ...

If your looking for performance it will be easier and less costly with the dart.

But I must admit that I like the early Barracudas better. My first car in high school was a 66 Barracuda and if your going to keep the car close to stock I think the Barracuda might net you more money in the long run.

'A bird in the hand...', yes indeed. I'm a bit of a sucker in one respect. I always think that the other guys car will be better than mine! I have to say, i know my Dart inside out and i'd certainly miss the power of the 360. I guess i'll stay put.

On the wife thing, my used to do the same thing about the car thing until I explained it like this... Some husbands go out with the guys to bars, some have affairs, some do drugs, some sit on the couch all day and watch sports, some beat their wifes and some work on cars at home in the garage... which husband do you want me to be? Because a man has to have an outlet to unwind.

It was an easy answer for her.

We just celebrated our 22 anniversary.

Oh, so to answer your question keep them both I have at least on Mopar product from every decade from the 50's to 00's (but one lady)

Include her in your hobby even if she says she doesn't want to. Let her pick which car she wants for "hers". My wife has about half our cars in her name. She thinks it's pretty cool, it gives her a sense of "ownership". As a matter of fact my race car is hers and I am just the driver so when we go to the track and we do well she tells the people in the stands that is her car and I am just the hired gun so to speak. It gives them the pride thing like when you see you son or daugher do well at a school even. A human needs to brag a little. Women have egos just as much if not more than men.

Bottom line is, eveything in life including cars is more enjoyable if you can share it with someone, If that wasn't true we wouldn't be here on this site.

Chuck

Cheers Chck, wise words.i have to say my wife supports everything i do in mopar ownwership. IT was her who said that should stick with the dart given the amonut of work I had put in.

The 66 is cool but harder to get things like headers, quarters, etc. I like the early a's but for ease of buildup the 67-up a bodies are much easier. Especially if you eventually go to a big block. One thing, I never see myself going down the road or at the track in my 66 Dart, but 67-up cars are all over.

If the dart is matching numbers,then leave it alone.If not,power train from the dart goes in the cuda,and sell off the dart with no power train,Mrmopartech

Just recieved a batch of pics from the guy (solid rep) who is selling the 'cuda. It is a formula S, rust free and looks totally original. Very tempting! Now need to know how much 'hopping up' a 273 can take O:)

-
Back