Old Yeller vs Drag Truck "2021"

Who wins this ?

• Mopar Sam & Old Yeller

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • 318willrun & Drag Truck

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • I don't care who wins, I wouldn't want to miss it!

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Get outta here, never going to happen.......

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
-
:rofl: That's funny right there. Sorry 318wr but that's just funny. Not saying I agree but its funny
Let's count the wins....
  1. Meeting Sam, Win!
  2. Eating Pizza, Win!
  3. Seeing Jabs, Win!
  4. Eating Pizza, Win!
  5. Seeing Old Yeller, Win!
  6. Eating Pizza, Win!
  7. Racing Drag Truck, Win!
  8. Eating Pizza, Win!
  9. Talk'n Mopars, Win!
  10. Results of the race, unknown.
If I go 9-1, I'll call that a good day!

Let's count the wins....
  1. Meeting Sam, Win!
  2. Eating Pizza, Win!
  3. Seeing Jabs, Win!
  4. Eating Pizza, Win!
  5. Seeing Old Yeller, Win!
  6. Eating Pizza, Win!
  7. Racing Drag Truck, Win!
  8. Eating Pizza, Win!
  9. Talk'n Mopars, Win!
  10. Results of the race, unknown.
If I go 9-1, I'll call that a good day!
Absolutely agree! I envy you guess that live close to each other. How far apart are the 3 of you?

Absolutely agree! I envy you guess that live close to each other. How far apart are the 3 of you?
We're not as close as you think. I'm about 2 hrs 45 minutes from Jabs. I would think I'm at least 6 hrs from Mopar Sam. So Jabs is about in the middle, maybe just a little closer to me.

Me and @RammerJammer75 is about 2hours or so apart we are gonna try and meet up soon just to hang out and talk cars. I think it is awesome to meet some people on here we talk to everyday lol iv meet one member so far I hope to meet alot more in the future. If love to head north in the dart once it's running and come yalls way!

We're not as close as you think. I'm about 2 hrs 45 minutes from Jabs. I would think I'm at least 6 hrs from Mopar Sam. So Jabs is about in the middle, maybe just a little closer to me.

One thing in my favor is that Old Yeller will be getting lighter the whole way as rust falls off every time I hit a pothole....

Post 46 is the Old Yeller build. Drag Truck, who knows. 318, 360, 440..... whatever’s in it when we meet LOL

340 small block stroked with an Offy high rise.
Just go with a mild 318 and an Air-Gap. You got this for sure.

I have been working on a parts order, a member gave me a Summit discount code that is good until Saturday...

Not to bad. For some reason I thought your truck would weigh more. Of course power to weight ratio will be a key factor here.
Well, it did weigh more. I've taken a lot out. No carpet, no radio, no heater, manual steering, ya know....

What's the estimated weight of these land barges ?

I have been cutting #s off mine too. The first couple hundred came off quick. Now I am having to work a lot for every pound. I will keep my heater though because I plan to drive this all the time like I used to.

Driver weight matters too,

I don't know what 318WR weighs, but i am only 1/8th of a ton....

Driver weight matters too,

I don't know what 318WR weighs, but i am only 1/8th of a ton....
IMG_20201016_110631.jpg

This is what I have drawn on my garage door from those 1406 has together. I'm sure the 71-47 rods were the ones that were making the 13.7 to 14.2 at idle of course with the correct air blade adjustment. And I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was the number four Springs that I had in there..
I think the number three Springs and the 73-47 rods were something I was going to experiment with.. but I could be wrong. Let me check and see if I got something from my other notes as well..

View attachment 1715613958
This is what I have drawn on my garage door from those 1406 has together. I'm sure the 71-47 rods were the ones that were making the 13.7 to 14.2 at idle of course with the correct air blade adjustment. And I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was the number four Springs that I had in there..
I think the number three Springs and the 73-47 rods were something I was going to experiment with.. but I could be wrong. Let me check and see if I got something from my other notes as well..
IMG_20201016_111615.jpg

This is the last century I had in my notes before I went onto the new carburetors and everything else.
So it does look like 95 Jets primary upfront and 92 jets in the rear.. 71 - 47 metering rods with number for medium Springs which don't quote me but I believe are the yellow ones...
Also below that you can see the idle mixture screws which for some reason I called are blades and incorrectly...
Instead of looking at them as if you're in the driver's seat I wrote them down as if you're staring at them standing in front of the radiator. The circled R means rear and to the left to the left and to the right is to the right. And same with the circled f means the front carburetor... So it shows in the neighborhood of one turn out give her take a quarter turn. This probably isn't optimal but it's what worked. Again just a baseline to get you started. I know two sensor helps tremendously but not as the last word....
I will require only one of 318's sleeves for this information lol...

-
Back