Old Yeller vs Drag Truck "2021"

Who wins this ?

• Mopar Sam & Old Yeller

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • 318willrun & Drag Truck

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • I don't care who wins, I wouldn't want to miss it!

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Get outta here, never going to happen.......

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
-
You took yours to the machine shop. Mopar Sam is the machine shop. Big difference in cost
Yes exactly. But i cut corners at the machine shop so to speak. I was actually surprised how reasonable they where there. I had the overbore done cleaned valve job and heads milled and the rod pins pressed in it was 417 dollars i was expecting alot more

Yes exactly. But i cut corners at the machine shop so to speak. I was actually surprised how reasonable they where there. I had the overbore done cleaned valve job and heads milled and the rod pins pressed in it was 417 dollars i was expecting alot more
you'll be glad too. Certain things need machining and there is no getting around it. I wished I had Mopar Sam's machining skills and equipment....

you'll be glad too. Certain things need machining and there is no getting around it. I wished I had Mopar Sam's machining skills and equipment....
Me too it is very cool to watch id love to do it for a living

If you had the equipment, you would be working on everyone else's stuff instead of your own...

I am working on some Pontiac heads today, instead of Old Yeller.

This why I've already said that unless 318 puts his big block in his truck he only going to see yeller's tail lights...:rolleyes:...

Sheesh...One truck is sitting in a pile of leaves, and the other truck is sitting in a field somewhere. Street race, street race ?
Maybe a mud bog would be more appropriate.

:rofl:

Jabs will do the singing of the National Anthem before we race....
:thumbsup:
:lol:

We can all sing the national anthem together then we can sing Cruella Deville.

Cruella de Vil Cruella de Vil if she doesn't scare you no evil thing will to see her is to take a sudden chill watch out for Cruella Deville.

Just send me the difference between the $417 you did pay and what you expected to pay. I'm sure you'll feel better then.

Sheesh...One truck is sitting in a pile of leaves, and the other truck is sitting in a field somewhere. Street race, street race ?
Maybe a mud bog would be more appropriate.

:rofl:

That field is my yard. I wouldn't live in a town or city if you paid me. That Valiant sitting in the background is pretty healthy.

And, no mud bogs for me. I wont even build any motors for the mud boggers around here. I did once and the idiot ran it without an air filter. It was in a tube frame sort of thing with no hood.

Basically the only difference between Mopar Sam's motor and 318wr is that Sam will have more stroke and a different camshaft.

Having said that it's the other little goodies that will make the difference. Such as gear ratio and converter and so on.

Back to Cruella Deville

The curl of her lip the glare of her stare all innocent gearheads had better beware
She's like a spider waiting for the kill look out for Cruella de Vil

Last edited:
My take on this race is to get together and enjoy the day with a couple of good guys and some Mopars.

Getting Old Yeller back on the road will be the Win for me...

Basically the only difference between Mopar Sam's motor and 318wr is that Sam will have more stroke and a different camshaft.

Having said that it's the other little goodies that will make the difference. Such as gear ratio and converter and so on.

Back to Cruella Deville

The curl of her lip the glare of her stare all innocent gearheads had better beware
She's like a spider waiting for the kill look out for Cruella de Vil
To me, it's about the pizza. IF the PIZZA is at the end of the 1/4, hot-n-ready, and cannot see Mopar Sam beating me to it.

Jabs will do the singing of the National Anthem before we race....
:thumbsup:
:lol:

You know what I really like about the national anthem? It's the story behind how it got written.

Francis Scott Key was on board of British ship trying to negotiate the release of a American doctor friend of his and basically the British took him prisoner. But they had told him that they we're going to release the American prisoners that were being held on Prison ships out in the bay but it wasn't going to be necessary because they were about to take the fort and proceed up the river to our capital and bomb the crap out of it.

But they bomb the fort all night long and in the glare of the explosions and stuff the flag was still standing. When daylight came the flag was still standing after all the rounds they had fired into that fort.
So needless to say they didn't make it up the river to destroy our capital. But what they didn't know was that through the night the American soldiers would go out and replace that flag every time it got blown down they would go out and stand it back up. A lot of men died doing that. But it blew the British Minds.

So when people say that that's a hard song to sing and they would rather have America the beautiful as the national anthem I tell them to take a hike.

As Always this is my opinion and it's fully substantiated by my own opinion

My take on this race is to get together and enjoy the day with a couple of good guys and some Mopars.

Getting Old Yeller back on the road will be the Win for me...
Your mission if you choose to take it will be to blow 318's doors off cut his sleeves off and bring one back to me to pin up on my garage wall...lol..
This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds..........

If its a race to the pizza, you better eat before we start! I have never been treed to the dinner table yet.

To me, it's about the pizza. IF the PIZZA is at the end of the 1/4, hot-n-ready, and cannot see Mopar Sam beating me to it.

Reminds me of my first Arabian stallion. Out west anytime we got into a horse race if we were headed away from a mare he would lose going away. But when we got to the other end and turned around and we're heading back to the mare nobody could touch him. He was a great horse and lived to 25.

If its a race to the pizza, you better eat before we start! I have never been treed to the dinner table yet.
I'm not polite or mannered, and I have the forks scars in my hand going for the last piece to prove it!

Oh, one "318WR" sticker is worth 5 hp. I plan on using 2.

-
Back