Old Yeller vs Drag Truck "2021"

Who wins this ?

• Mopar Sam & Old Yeller

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • 318willrun & Drag Truck

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • I don't care who wins, I wouldn't want to miss it!

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Get outta here, never going to happen.......

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
-
These crossmembers are giving me a good fight. I could really use some acetylene right now. I cannot get in quite the right position to use the cutting discs in the die grinder.

I changed my mind and decided to just cut enough out to clear the headers. Now I think I will go back to my original plan of taking the whole things out by grinding the rivets, and just weld in some gussets. Of course the wind is blowing everything right at me. Just after 3 o'clock, and I am ready for supper.

These crossmembers are giving me a good fight. I could really use some acetylene right now. I cannot get in quite the right position to use the cutting discs in the die grinder.

I changed my mind and decided to just cut enough out to clear the headers. Now I think I will go back to my original plan of taking the whole things out by grinding the rivets, and just weld in some gussets. Of course the wind is blowing everything right at me. Just after 3 o'clock, and I am ready for supper.
Food will change your perspective.... Always does for me anyways.. :)

Yeah, I am to the point of starting on something else for a while. I think I will lay out and maybe cut the radiator core support. I need to do as much as I can on these nice days.

I will definitely have to eat before I get back to the crossmember.

Yeah, I am to the point of starting on something else for a while. I think I will lay out and maybe cut the radiator core support. I need to do as much as I can on these nice days.

I will definitely have to eat before I get back to the crossmember.

Why would you cut the radiator core support?
There's enough room to set a 440 down in there without doing that.

Why would you cut the radiator core support?
There's enough room to set a 440 down in there without doing that.

By the way if you unbolt the front fenders from the radiator core support that just leaves two bolts on the bottom of it in the middle. That's what we did to Dad's seventy. That gave us plenty of room to remove the engine and tranny basically just pulling straight out forward

The free radiator I picked up needs some clearancing to fit. It is really wide.

Also, with this radiator, I will have to use the later, longer water pump. When I mocked it up, there was not enough room to even get a fan belt between it and the water pump pully bolts.

I may have another plan though. It would be very simple to set the engine back an inch to an inch and a half. I was already thinking about that before. I am planning on making solid motor mounts anyway. I just need to see if I have a driveshaft that would work if I set it back.

Plan is to buy a car trailer, even this fall would be nice for things I have planned in the future. If I get one, I'm going to trailer Drag Truck down there.

Why don't you just pull the trailer WITH Drag Truck?
Pull an empty trailer to Jabs with Drag Truck??? Well, I don't think I could listen to the gears whine the motor for 3 hrs. LOL

Shoot! you beat me by that much!

Don't get used to it....
I'm hard to beat in a footbrake race! I'm usually .01x on the light... But my last time at the track earlier this year, I cut a .017 light for the trophy and didn't get the trophy.... I got run down by a 9.5 car :( He beat me by 5 hundredths of a second LOL
But what do we know, we'll be on "Holeshot Harry's" home turf

I'm hard to beat in a footbrake race! I'm usually .01x on the light... But my last time at the track earlier this year, I cut a .017 light for the trophy and didn't get the trophy.... I got run down by a 9.5 car :(

If we are street racing I was just going to redlight, hoping jabs don't notice.

You obviously need to adjust your automatic transmission tamer.

1570311284969-1815482138.jpg

After talking with Mopar Sam today, I realized I'm going to need a shot in the arm, a boost off my roost, I'm a few ponies shy. So, I went and quick like added 10 hp.

DSCN3370[1].JPG

DSCN3371[1].JPG

That outta do it!

Let me take a moment to offer a congrats to my friend for staying on top of the 7.50 index class this year during a rough Covid year for drag racers
:thumbsup:

-
Back