Old Yeller vs Drag Truck "2021"

Who wins this ?

• Mopar Sam & Old Yeller

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • 318willrun & Drag Truck

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • I don't care who wins, I wouldn't want to miss it!

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Get outta here, never going to happen.......

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
-
With out question 318 will have to use his big block to be able to call this a race... Other wise he might as well just ride a pedal tricycle...
It's a good thing you put those stickers on the back window as that's were he'll see them best...

Hopefully, we can get these old things to hook up...
It may just be a smoke show.

besides hooking up, keeping the trucks together, and stop without wreckage... If we both cross the line and get them stopped, we both win. I can deal with shop brooms and sweeping up the litter we might have left :D

The cool thing for me is that on the trip there Old Yeller will be doing what it was designed for. Being a truck. Hauling some blocks and heads etc. to Jadaharabi and an 8 3/4 hogshead to 318wr.

besides hooking up, keeping the trucks together, and stop without wreckage... If we both cross the line and get them stopped, we both win. I can deal with shop brooms and sweeping up the litter we might have left :D

Old Yeller better stay together, its my ride home.

LOL.... I'm not too worried. You'll probably be the most reliable vehicle on the highway. :)

Hopefully... I don't know if you saw my thread awhile back where my son had a link bar break on one pair of roller lifters.

I will be using the 7 good pairs that did not break, along with one new pair....

This post will probably put you ahead in the polls.

I thought I had found a set of 4.10s, but when I went to look at them they were for a 742 case and all I have are 741s and 489s. I did pick up a couple things from the guy, so the trip wasn't wasted.

It was a guy in his 70s with a NICE 68 road runner. 383 car. He had done the body work and paint himself. He showed me his album of the car from start to finish. He was a cool old guy.

This is my next step, traction. Right now I can't hook the 318. All the power in the world won't matter if a guy can't put it to the ground. The guy I know that's raced these trucks in stock eliminator for years and years might have a tip for me - or two.

This is my next step, traction. Right now I can't hook the 318. All the power in the world won't matter if a guy can't put it to the ground. The guy I know that's raced these trucks in stock eliminator for years and years might have a tip for me - or two.

Looks like you need another vote to tie Sam.

That is going to be the challenge. Old Yeller would spin and axle hop with the worn out 318.

The cool thing for me is that on the trip there Old Yeller will be doing what it was designed for. Being a truck. Hauling some blocks and heads etc. to Jadaharabi and an 8 3/4 hogshead to 318wr.
Great jabs horde gets bigger and yet after 2 years no car on the road... Please report back when he actually has a car on the road...

Great jabs horde gets bigger and yet after 2 years no car on the road... Please report back when he actually has a car on the road...

Actually, they were already his, I am just doing some work on them.

Actually, they were already his, I am just doing some work on them.
I'll probably end up going down to Jabs before this year is up to wrap up a bunch of deals we have going on. Gotta sample some pizza too... LOL

I'll probably end up going down to Jabs before this year is up to wrap up a bunch of deals we have going on. Gotta sample some pizza too... LOL
If you help him get a car on the road I'll be happy... It's not that he needs any parts he's got them all LOL...

Those should help.

I will be looking for something used to pop up locally.
Got a used starter in today for the DT. Hopefully it works and I'll only have to hit the ignition once instead of 87 times to get it to turn over. Also got the freeze plugs for the 5.9 in the mail today :)

Oh the progress.... :D

Got a used starter in today for the DT. Hopefully it works and I'll only have to hit the ignition once instead of 87 times to get it to turn over. Also got the freeze plugs for the 5.9 in the mail today :)

Oh the progress.... :D
junkyard starter works great..... Nice to not have to "click click" 478 times before the motor turns over....
Now, it's ready for the big "Drivers, start your engines"... :D

junkyard starter works great..... Nice to not have to "click click" 478 times before the motor turns over....
Now, it's ready for the big "Drivers, start your engines"... :D

Well, I just came in to drink some afternoon coffee.

I guess I'd better go back out to work...
I think I found another 8 or 10 pounds that can come off, but haven't made it past the "thinkin" stage.

Well, I just came in to drink some afternoon coffee.

I guess I'd better go back out to work...
I think I found another 8 or 10 pounds that can come off, but haven't made it past the "thinkin" stage.
get some chips and a chair, and think about it..........

get some chips and a chair, and think about it..........

Still thinkin, and one cup of coffee down.

Nice day, but breezy. It is hard to keep the grindings out of the eyes even with safety glasses. I tried a shield too, but it blows around it.

Still thinkin, and one cup of coffee down.

Nice day, but breezy. It is hard to keep the grindings out of the eyes even with safety glasses. I tried a shield too, but it blows around it.
you turning that crank was all it took.... polls have you up 4 points across the country. I need to hit the campaign trail.. add another sticker or somethin'

you turning that crank was all it took.... polls have you up 4 points across the country. I need to hit the campaign trail.. add another sticker or somethin'

I haven't even checked. That is funny! yours runs, and most of my parts are still in boxes....

If you start to catch up, I will post my cam card.

-
Back